Many restaurants and food chains work hard to deliver their food in record time so that the customer’s meal remains hot to eat, but this can put pressure on food delivery drivers to speed or make other reckless driving mistakes to fulfill these objectives. . In some cases, food delivery drivers might be burdened with too many orders at one time and have to rush their deliveries so that each customer can remain satisfied.
Despite these reasons, if a food delivery driver’s negligent actions led to an accident that harmed you or a loved one, they should be held accountable for their negligence or recklessness. If you suffered injuries in an accident with a delivery person in North Bellmore, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for a free consultation.
Dial (516) 932-0400 to discuss your case with a member of our team. If you qualify, a North Bellmore food delivery car accident lawyer will take over your case and begin taking steps to build your argument against the at-fault party or parties.
- Vicarious Liability Might Play a Role in Your Car Accident Case
- Your Lawyer Will Assess What Types of Damages You May Be Entitled to Claim
- Let a North Bellmore Food Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Lead Your Case
Vicarious Liability Might Play a Role in Your Car Accident Case
In most food delivery accident cases, the delivery driver was working at the time of the accident. As such, “vicarious liability” may come into play, meaning you might have more than one party who can be held liable for your damages.
A supervisory party may be held accountable for the actions or omissions of their subordinates, which applies to employers and their employees (Legal Information Institute (LII)). One of the first questions your lawyer will investigate is whether the food delivery driver was working when the accident occurred. If so, the employer may be considered vicariously negligent for how the delivery driver conducted their work duties.
Employers may also be held liable if they:
- Did not do background checks on their employed drivers, such as for driving and criminal records
- Did not perform regular maintenance or check-ups on the delivery vehicle, if applicable
- Pressured drivers to be faster with their deliveries, even if that meant speeding
However, liability can also apply to parties who were designated to perform a service to their clients, such as a mechanic or a vehicle manufacturer. In those cases, the vehicle driver may have acted under the assumption that the vehicle was in good working order but got into an accident due to an unknown vehicle failure, either from improper maintenance or design/production.
Keep Track of the Statutory Deadline
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 sets a general statutory deadline that plaintiffs must obey if they want to file their civil action lawsuit. If you do not meet this deadline, the defendant may request that the judge dismiss your case, which could have you lose your opportunity to pursue compensation from them. Statutory deadlines also differ if your case involves a wrongful death or if a government municipality is involved (e.g. road conditions led to the accident).
Your North Bellmore food delivery car accident lawyer will keep track of the statutory deadline and communicate with you when other pertinent deadlines in your case are coming up so that you can make appropriate decisions. Your options will be explained, thoroughly and patiently. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as you are able to do so. Getting an early start on your case could help us secure time-sensitive evidence , such as witness statements and dash-cam and surveillance video, and meet applicable legal deadlines to protect your interests.
If you are not sure if you are still within the statute of limitations, call our law firm at (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation. A team member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will assess your situation and review any evidence you might already have, such as the crash report, to determine where your case stands. Next, they will describe what litigation options you might have available to you. The consultation is free, and if you do decide to work with us, we will begin setting up your case profile right away.
For a free legal consultation with a Food Delivery Car Accident lawyer serving North Bellmore, call 516-932-0400
Your Lawyer Will Assess What Types of Damages You May Be Entitled to Claim
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit against the food delivery driver, their employer, or another liable party, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses: this might cover costs for emergency care treatment, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, prescription medication, and other out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Income loss: if you had to call out of work because of your injuries, you might be able to recover the wages you lost.
- Reduced earning potential: if your injuries had a temporary effect on your working abilities and caused you to get demoted to perform other tasks while healing, you may recover these lost wages, as well. Alternatively, if your injuries are permanent, you may also be covered for wages you would have made had you not been injured.
- Pain and suffering: this category covers both physical and emotional pains caused by your injuries, from chronic pain to mental anguish and psychological trauma.
- Impaired quality of life: if your injuries prevent you from performing certain tasks, like participating in hobbies and activities or engaging with your loved ones, you may be compensated for this loss.
If your loved one lost their life in a food delivery car accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., offers you our condolences. We also handle wrongful death claims, which may allow you to recover different types of damages than those listed above. We are committed to winning the compensation that surviving family members of food delivery car accidents need, as well as the justice that their departed loved ones deserve. Call us today to learn more about our wrongful death services.
North Bellmore Food Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Let a North Bellmore Food Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Lead Your Case
If you are interested in getting legal assistance from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., call our firm today at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation. Our team is dedicated to our clients and aims to cater to all of their needs. We also have a lingually diverse staff and are able to help clients who speak Spanish, Greek, Tamil, Bengali, and Kannada.
Navigating a personal injury case on your own might seem intimidating, especially if you are being inundated by other pressing matters, like keeping your job or paying your bills. Let a lawyer from our firm handle your case for you. We will:
- Provide constant communication and updates on your case
- Determine the liable parties in your case
- Speak on your behalf to all parties and insurance companies
- Collect evidence
- Set a value on your economic and non-economic losses
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not have to worry about paying for our assistance right away or even out of pocket. If we win your case, our attorney’s fee comes out of your compensation, which we will discuss in more detail before we begin working on your case.