If you were injured in a food delivery car accident, a Hempstead food delivery car accident lawyer could help you fight for the compensation you deserve. You should not have to pay for the damages you suffered because of another person.
Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can work with you to determine what options you have available to you for financial recovery. Call us today at (516) 932-0400 to get started.
In This Article
- Compensation After a Food Delivery Car Accident
- How a Lawyer Could Help You After Your Accident
- Insurance Coverage from Food Delivery Companies
- Causes of a Food Delivery Car Accident
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help Today
Compensation After a Food Delivery Car Accident
After an accident, you could be left with considerable expenses you would not have had without someone else having carelessly subjected you to harm. Based on your damages, you could be entitled to the following compensation:
- Property damages: You could receive compensation for the damage done to your property, such as your vehicle.
- Medical expenses: Being in an accident can result in extensive medical expenses. You could receive compensation for the cost of the emergency room visit, doctors’ visits, and any treatment you may need.
- Loss of income: If you have to miss time from work due to your accident, you could receive compensation for the income you lost as a result.
- A decrease in salary: If your injuries were severe enough, you might have to change jobs or even careers. You could recover damages for the difference in salary.
- Future medical expenses: If you are likely to need medical treatment in the future, you may be able to get compensation for this treatment in advance.
- Pain and suffering: A vehicle accident can be a traumatic experience. You could get compensation for the pain and suffering you have had to endure.
- Diminished quality of life: Some injuries can impact the quality of life. This is also a potentially recoverable damage.
For a free legal consultation with a Food Delivery Car Accident lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
How a Lawyer Could Help You After Your Accident
Food delivery services are becoming increasingly more popular. However, collisions involving food delivery cars are also increasing. These drivers are often in a hurry to make deliveries and receive their tips. Unfortunately, such hurry can lead to negligent driving that causes injuries. If you were injured in a food delivery car accident, you could qualify for compensation from the driver.
A Hempstead food delivery car accident lawyer with our firm can handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on healing. Our team can:
- Investigate the details of your case
- Establish liability
- Place a value on all of your damages
- Collect evidence to support your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Take your case to trial if necessary
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
- Fight to protect and advance your rights and to win the best possible outcome for you
Hempstead Food Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Insurance Coverage from Food Delivery Companies
Many food delivery companies who hire independent contractors require drivers to have their own insurance policies. In some cases, however, these food delivery companies offer additional coverage, as well.
Navigating your way through the ins-and-outs of each specific insurance policy can be time-consuming and complicated. You may also qualify for more compensation than what the insurance companies are willing to give you. Our Hempstead food delivery car accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you determine what steps to take.
Our team is ready to help you through the process and take the stress off your hands. You should not have to deal with multiple entities to get the compensation you deserve. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 to speak with a team member about your case for free.
Click to contact our Hempstead Car Accident Lawyers today
Causes of a Food Delivery Car Accident
Food delivery accidents can happen for numerous different reasons. For example, these drivers can face many distractions while they are taking food from place to place. This is because delivering food requires more than just driving. Food delivery drivers can cause an accident by:
Delivery drivers are often paid by delivery, not by the hour. Because of this, they may speed to make more money in a day. They are also often on a deadline. The drivers need to pick up the food and deliver it while it is still hot. Speeding increases a vehicle’s stopping distance and reduces available reaction-time, increasing the likelihood of a collision.
Neglecting Proper Vehicle Maintenance
Vehicle maintenance is an important part of driving a vehicle safely. If a vehicle is not maintained, it can fail the driver at the worst possible time. The brakes could go out, the engine could fail, or the tires could blow out, causing harm to nearby drivers.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 2,800 people were killed by distracted drivers in 2018. Food delivery drivers are especially prone to distracted driving. They can be distracted by their GPS as they navigate to the delivery address. They can also be distracted trying to protect the food they have to deliver.
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is dangerous for any driver. Driving under the influence could result in poor decision making along with decreased reaction times.
Weather and Road Conditions
When an area has poor weather, people are more likely to order food delivery, so they do not have to leave the safety of their home. However, food delivery drivers are still driving in these less-than-ideal conditions. When the roads are slick or visibility is poor, a collision is much more likely.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help Today
A Hempstead food delivery car accident lawyer could help protect your rights after your accident. You should not have to deal with other lawyers and insurance companies on your own.
Please keep in mind, according to New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 214, and other applicable laws and rules, there are time limits that affect your ability to bring an effective case. Missing a deadline may result in you being unable to ever recover the compensation you need and are entitled to. Also, gathering evidence such as witness statements and dash-cam and surveillance video footage are best done as soon as possible as such evidence can become unavailable for a variety of reasons. Given the legal time limits and rules and the practical considerations of promptly gathering evidence, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Call today for your free consultation with our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to get started fighting for what you deserve. Dial (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form