A car accident is often a harrowing experience, and side impact collisions where another vehicle strikes the side of the car you are driving or a passenger in might be even more frightening. Worse yet, these accidents, which often happen at intersections, frequently cause serious injuries and expensive property damage.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident, you likely have legal options and the right to pursue compensation for your medical bills and other damages. A Hempstead side impact collisions lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. might be able to help. To learn more, call (516) 932-0400 today for a free consultation.
Why Hiring a Lawyer Will Help
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has recovered more than $250 million for injured victims, and we want to help you recover the compensation you deserve as a result of your side impact collision, too. Working with a lawyer on your case can offer the peace of mind that your legal matters are being carried out while you focus on recovering from your injuries. An attorney with our law firm will:
- Keep you updated on your case’s developments
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Determine a value for your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
For a free legal consultation with a side impact collisions lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Paying Your Medical Bills After a Crash
Injuries in car accidents range from minor to serious, and extensive injuries could result in hospital stays, mounting medical bills, and continued health problems. Potential crash injuries could include:
- Cuts and bruises
- Tears of soft tissue structures, such as tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
- Trauma and extreme pain to any of the joints in the body.
- Fractured/broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussion and other forms of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The compensation you are entitled to should help you cover your medical bills. While most New York car accidents that cause injuries trigger No-Fault Insurance coverage from the insurance company of the vehicle the injured person was in, medical and related costs can exceed No-Fault Insurance limits and could really begin to pile up after a crash. Severe injuries often result in financial stress on top of everything else. Damages awarded in your injury case could help you cover the costs of:
- Doctor visits
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Mental health services
- Future care and rehabilitation
- Any other medical needs
One of our important goals is to win compensation that will help you pay for the medical care you need and make it easier for you to move on with your life in the best way.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a side impact collision, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you learn more about getting compensation. Call (516) 932-0400 for your free consultation today.
Hempstead Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Pursuing Other Types of Compensation
Medical bills are not the only thing to worry about after a car accident. Your compensation could also help cover:
Lost Wages and Earning Potential
If you or your loved one takes a long time to recover from the injuries suffered in a side impact collision, that could require a leave of absence from work. If you are not working, that means missed paychecks.
Additionally, your injuries might leave you unable to work in the same capacity as you did before your accident. Awarded damages can help cover these lost wages and loss of earning potential.
A side impact collision often results in serious damage to the vehicles involved. If insurance does not cover the cost of repairs or replacement of your car, you could pursue property damages as a part of your compensation.
If your loved one died due to injuries suffered in a side impact collision, please accept our condolences. We want you to know that pursuing wrongful death damages is a possibility. Our team can tell you more about your legal options. It would be our privilege to answer your questions and address your concerns patiently compassionately and comprehensively.
Pain and Suffering
Any other pain and suffering you or your family experienced because of this accident should be considered when calculating compensation.
Why You Should Act Fast
When you hire a Hempstead side impact collisions lawyer from our firm, we will act quickly to file your case and start the legal process. This is to your advantage. You should act quickly when it comes to personal injury cases for a few reasons, including:
- The statute of limitations: You do not have an unlimited amount of time to pursue a personal injury case. CPLR § 214 limits the time within which you may begin the legal process, so acting fast is in your best interest if you do not want to miss out on your chance to secure compensation.
- Difficulty gathering evidence: It also could become harder to gather evidence if you do not begin the legal process quickly. Witnesses’ ability to recall events will fade, footage of the accident might be deleted, and other ways of gathering evidence may become more difficult.
- The potential length of negotiations or litigation if necessary: Unfortunately, the legal system does not work overnight. It could take a while for the parties involved to agree to a settlement or, if the unique circumstances of your case call for litigation, to move the case through all the stages that lead to a trial before a judge and jury The earlier you begin the legal process to recover compensation, the better. The sooner you contact us the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
- Your current financial situation: If your medical bills and lost wages are causing financial distress right now, acting quickly will help you work toward financial recovery so that you can rebuild your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Your Free Consultation Immediately
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a side impact collision, do not put off the pursuit of justice. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for your free consultation today. One of our representatives is available now to take your call and begin discussing your case. Call (516) 932-0400.
Learning more about your legal options and how a Hempstead side impact collisions lawyer could help you carries no obligation. You are not charged any fees until you receive a settlement.