Side-impact collisions could be the result of driver negligence, and as such, you could have a legal right to seek compensation for your injuries and other damages. The impact of this type of crash can lead to serious injuries (or fatalities, in some cases) because:
- The side panels of a vehicle may lack the structural reinforcements found at the front and back ends.
- The vehicle occupants are closer to the point of impact.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries due to another driver’s negligence, you may decide you want to enlist the help of a reputable Hicksville car accident lawyer who will help you to navigate the complex legal issues present in such cases and to hold culpable parties responsible for their actions.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today for a free case evaluation.
- Insurance Companies Do Not Always Act in Your Best Interest
- Protecting Your Rights While Pursuing Compensation
- How a Hicksville Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Help
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is Ready to Take Action
Insurance Companies Do Not Always Act in Your Best Interest
When you sustain injuries from a car accident, the insurance company will review your claim to evaluate how much they will pay. Insurance companies typically use their lawyers against you in order to pay out as little compensation as possible.
For instance, the at-fault driver’s insurance company could insist that your injuries are not serious and then attempt to underpay, or even take a “no-pay” position during settlement negotiations. It is preferable to have an experienced, dedicated legal representative speak with insurance companies on your behalf. Quite often an inexperienced layperson may say something that can be misinterpreted with a pro-insurance carrier bias, twisting it in a way that can result in a detrimental effect on the injured person’s case.
For a free legal consultation with a Side Impact Collision lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Protecting Your Rights While Pursuing Compensation
Victims of car accidents caused by another person’s negligence may be entitled to pursue compensation for costs incurred from:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Ongoing rehabilitation expenses
As the law regarding car accident cases can be complicated, it could be difficult to receive fair compensation without proper legal representation. Difficulties can arise due to:
- A failure to understand the statute of limitations and the limited time you have to file a claim
- The impact of New York’s no-fault state law on your claim
- Proving fault, especially in accidents involving multiple parties or unwitnessed accidents
- Challenges from insurance companies delaying, underpaying, or denying your claim
- Obtaining, preserving, and presenting crucial evidence in order to present your case effectively
- Obtaining expert witness reports
- Investigating the accident thoroughly
- Knowing how to communicate effectively with all involved parties while protecting your rights
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Properly evaluating the impact of your injuries
You may want to enlist the help of a Hicksville side-impact collisions lawyer if you or a loved one was injured and wants to be able to focus on your recovery, knowing your case is receiving the meticulous attention it deserves. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are ready to help you today at (516) 932-0400. Let us take a look at your circumstances and inform you of all of your legal options.
Hicksville Side Impact Collision Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How a Hicksville Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Help
It is difficult to focus on your recovery with the worry of filing a personal injury lawsuit and the complexities inherent in such cases hanging over you. A Hicksville side-impact collisions lawyer can help to ease this burden and assist you by:
- Updating you at all points of development in the case
- Establishing and proving liability
- Handling all communications with the defendant and all insurance companies on your behalf
- Connecting with expert witnesses
- Compiling witness testimony from those who watched the accident happen
- Compiling evidentiary documents that support your testimony (like accident reports and traffic camera footage from the accident scene)
- Evaluating your losses and injuries of all kinds
The above list is not exhaustive. There are many other ways in which a lawyer can help you seek compensation of many different kinds.
If you were seriously injured in a car accident that was not your fault, seek advice from a lawyer who can help you collect evidence to support your case and protect your right to pursue fair compensation. You do not need a lawyer’s representation under the law in order to pursue compensation. However, you may want to focus your time and attention on recovery and not playing phone tag with the insurance company. Without training and experience in the specifics of this field of law, it is too easy to make a mistake that can have a very negative impact on your case. Let us tackle all the tasks that holding the liable parties responsible for your accident requires.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is Ready to Take Action
While no amount of money can make up for the emotional distress caused by a side-impact collision, winning an appropriate settlement or award can help to ease the financial burden of such an unexpected event and compensate you for costs incurred due to your pain and suffering.
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understands the complexities of side-impact collision cases and is proud to have positively affected the lives of many side-impact crash injury victims throughout New York. We fiercely protect the rights of clients and help them to rebuild their lives by providing the highest level of legal representation and bringing those who are responsible to justice.
If you have any questions or concerns about seeking compensation for a side-impact collision, reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation today at (516) 932-0400.
We have a knowledgeable and helpful staff who can help callers in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We await your call. Let us help you in any way we can!