It is not uncommon for a motor vehicle accident to result in a whiplash diagnosis. The tremendous force involved in many motor vehicle collisions could easily result in whiplash injuries for drivers and passengers alike. A Hicksville whiplash accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you pursue compensation for your personal injuries from the at-fault party.
Let our team of attorneys evaluate your accident case and advise you on how to proceed. Rely on us to identify all potentially liable defendants and pursue claims against each of them. To get started, call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- The Effects of Whiplash
- Recovering Compensation for Your Whiplash Injury
- Time Is Limited to File a Civil Suit Against the At-Fault Party for Your Whiplash Accident
- How Our Personal Injury Law Firm Will Help You
- Contact the Office of a Whiplash Accident Attorney in Hicksville to Learn More Today
The Effects of Whiplash
Whiplash is the term given to a soft-tissue neck injury that is common in automobile accidents. This injury involves a hyperextension of the neck, typically due to a sudden and traumatic impact. Whiplash occurs when the head is whipped back and forth, causing strains and tears within the soft tissue throughout the neck.
Whiplash has a variety of effects on your health and lifestyle. Even relatively minor injuries make it difficult to maintain employment or go about your day-to-day needs. Some symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain
- Stiffness and loss of range of motion
- Back pain
- Tingling or numbness
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty sleeping
According to the Mayo Clinic, some whiplash injuries have the potential to heal on their own in a matter of weeks in some cases. Frequently these injuries require additional medical intervention. In some cases a whiplash is so severe that months or even years of physical therapy, surgical procedures, and follow-up care are indicated. If you live with an impaired quality of life due to a whiplash injury, our law office is here to help. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation with the office of a Hicksville whiplash accident lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Recovering Compensation for Your Whiplash Injury
When we pursue a whiplash injury claim, we carefully evaluate your medical records to identify the potential damages you are entitled to recover. These damages vary from one case to another, making it vital that you rely on legal counsel to assist you with evaluating your claim. Some forms of compensation available in a whiplash accident case include:
- Medical Bills. The cost of treating whiplash can be These costs are not limited to the emergency medical care or ambulance transportation that occurs on the day of the accident. For some, as mentioned above, whiplash could require weeks or months of additional follow-up care, physical therapy, or surgical procedures. We will work to recoup the cost of your medical treatment from the at-fault party.
- Lost Wages. Missing time away from work is one of the difficult challenges common with many whiplash claims. We will pursue compensation for not only your missed wages but any future diminished earning capacity you experience as well.
- Pain and Suffering. Whiplash injuries are painful, and you deserve compensation for your physical suffering. Our law office will aggressively pursue pain and suffering damages on your behalf.
- Property Damage. You should not be responsible for any of the costs of an accident caused by a negligent driver. This includes the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and, in some cases, the cost of renting a car during the period of time your car is unavailable because it is being repaired or the extent of damage is being evaluated to determine if your car is a “total loss,” i.e., that the cost of repair is so great compared to the value of the car, that it is simply not economically worth fixing.
- Other Non–Economic Losses. Pain and suffering are not the only non-economic losses you could recover with a successful whiplash injury claim. Other examples include mental anguish, loss of consortium, and emotional distress.
During your initial consultation, our legal team will review your claim to advise you on the damages you are eligible to recover. We will work tirelessly to help you obtain a favorable outcome in your whiplash injury case.
Hicksville Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Time Is Limited to File a Civil Suit Against the At-Fault Party for Your Whiplash Accident
There is no time to waste when it comes to a whiplash injury claim. State law sets a deadline for pursuing these claims known as the statute of limitations. According to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) § 214, you have a limited amount of time from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failure to comply with the statute of limitations could result in the court dismissing your case with prejudice.
While the statute of limitations is reason enough to avoid delays, there are other factors that make it important to act immediately. The longer you wait to seek legal counsel, the less time your attorneys will have to investigate your case. Tracking down witnesses or video surveillance footage, or ensuring the critical early post-accident period of your medical care is properly documented becomes more and more challenging as greater amounts of time pass… Our law firm will aggressively handle your whiplash injury case in order to avoid delays and maximize your financial recovery.
How Our Personal Injury Law Firm Will Help You
There are several ways in which our representation will work on your behalf for your whiplash injury claim. With our extensive experience advocating for the injured, we understand what a successful claim requires. When working with our clients we will:
- Keep you updated on the developments in your legal case.
- Identify all liable parties in your case.
- Communicate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf.
- Gather the evidence needed to pursue your claim.
- Determine the value of your whiplash injury case and fight to win every dollar you are entitle.
Decide for yourself if our legal team is right for you. Consultations are always free, and there is no risk in discussing your case with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Office of a Whiplash Accident Attorney in Hicksville to Learn More Today
The consequences of a whiplash diagnosis are far-reaching. Not only do these injuries require extensive medical care, they could also impair your quality of life. If you are ready to pursue your whiplash injury claim, we are here to help.
A Hicksville whiplash accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you pursue your claim from start to finish. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation to move forward with your claim.