It only takes a moment for someone else’s carelessness to change your life in a side impact collision. These crashes are particularly dangerous because the person whose car gets broad-sided has no side bumpers to absorb the impact. The person’s body may be directly exposed to the hit, resulting in devastating or fatal injuries.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represents the victims of side impact collisions in Westbury. We understand that after sustaining harm in an accident like this, you might not be able to work, and your time and attention might have to be focused on your recovery.
When we take on your personal injury claim, we will manage all casework on your behalf while you dedicate your time to your medical treatment, healing, and wellness. We will fight tirelessly to get you compensation for your losses so that you can rebuild your life.
Speak with a Westbury side impact collisions lawyer by calling Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation. You do not have to pay up-front fees to secure the important and effective help our legal services will provide. Our payment will come out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of the matter.
In This Article
- Side Impact Collision Causes and Liability
- Compensation Available in a Side Impact Collision Case
- How a Westbury Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Help You
Side Impact Collision Causes and Liability
There are many reasons why a driver may cause a side impact collision. These include:
- Running a stop sign or a red light.
- Distracted driving, which can include paying attention to a phone, passengers, food, or any other distraction instead of the road.
- Fatigued driving, where an exhausted driver might be too tired to notice cross-traffic or respond in time when the light changes.
- Driving drunk or under the influence of drugs, which can severely impact safe driving ability.
- Failure to yield to cars with the right-of-way, for example, when entering a highway or at a four-way stop intersection.
- A lack of traffic signs or electronic traffic signals to coordinate traffic safely. If a municipality does not install proper signage on the roads and it causes your accident, they could be a liable party in your case.
When Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. pursues drivers who cause side impact collisions for any reason, we will collect evidence of driver negligence. This can include testimony from accident reconstruction experts retained to help build the strongest possible case on your behalf. When we prove the liability of the driver that struck you, we move closer to winning the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a side impact collisions lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Compensation Available in a Side Impact Collision Case
Recoverable damages in a side impact collisions case can include:
- Your past and future costs of medical treatment, therapies, and medication
- Past and future lost wages or reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Other damages specific to your case and individual circumstances
If your family member was killed by a negligent driver in a Westbury side impact collision, we extend to our heartfelt condolences. Your family has the legal right to compensation through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. We are dedicated to recovering the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. We respect your need and right to grieve after such a tragic loss. We will handle all the legal matters of the case to give you the space you need while your rights are being strongly asserted.
To learn more, call a Westbury side impact collisions lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at (516) 932-0400.
Westbury Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How a Westbury Side Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Help You
If you got hurt in a Westbury side impact collision that was the result of someone else’s carelessness, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is standing by to defend your rights. When we represent you, our lawyers will:
- Inform you: we will keep you informed and let you know when there are developments in your case. We will always respond to your questions or requests for updates.
- Determine who is liable: some car accidents have a clear liable party, while others happen because multiple mistakes combine to create the perfect storm. In these situations, we can investigate who is liable and pursue more than one party to compensate you for your losses if necessary.
- Speak on your behalf: you do not need to worry about saying the wrong thing to an insurer when we represent you. Our firm will communicate with the insurer, defense attorney, and all other relevant parties so that you do not have to do so.
- Gather evidence: we will gather evidence to build your claim for compensation. The evidence will depict the facts of your case, including the responsible party’s liability.
- Calculate the value of your case: our firm has won more than $250 million for our injury victim clients. We know how much a case is worth. When it comes to your case, we will hire medical experts, vocational rehabilitation experts, and economists as needed to produce evidence for the value of your case.
Do not hesitate to contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. about your Westbury side impact case. New York law imposes a statute of limitations, or time limit, on how long personal injury and wrongful death victims have to file their lawsuits. If this limit expires before you act, you will lose your right to recover compensation no matter how strong the evidence is against the responsible party.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will discuss what legal deadlines apply to your case when you call us at (516) 932-0400. Consultations are free and come with no obligations to you. We will answer your questions and help you understand what options are available to you to recover compensation.
Our firm operates on a contingency-fee-basis, which means we do not charge any up-front fees for us to begin our work together. Our payment only comes out of your settlement or awards in court at the end of your case.