Being overwhelmed, stressed out, or in a bad mood is no excuse for dangerous or aggressive driving.
If you or a family member were the victims of a car accident caused by an enraged driver in Westbury, there is compassionate yet effective help available for you.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represents Westbury victims of road rage accidents. We think people who do not control their emotions and drive dangerously on the road should pay for the damages they cause.
For a free consultation on your case, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400. We will discuss your case and the services we provide. Our firm operates on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you pay no up-front fees to work with us. Our fees are only collected at the end of the process out of the settlement or court-awarded judgement that we win for you.
In This Article
- Road Rage Is Extremely Dangerous
- Proving Liability in a Road Rage Accident
- Compensation in a Road Rage Accident Case
- Build Your Case With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Road Rage Is Extremely Dangerous
Road rage and other incidents of aggressive driving are dangerous to the other cars and pedestrians on the road. Examples of road rage can include:
- Aggressive tailgating
- Swerving in and out of multiple lanes
- Failure to yield to other traffic
- Reckless driving and speeding
- Lane blocking
- Other ways of driving which are intended to frighten or harass others on the road
When a driver breaks traffic law to act out in these selfish ways, they significantly increase their chances of causing an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Road Rage Accident lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Proving Liability in a Road Rage Accident
All drivers have a duty of care to follow traffic laws and operate their vehicles so as to keep others on the road (i.e., other drivers, passengers, pedestrians or bicyclists,) safe. When a driver breaks a traffic law and causes your accident, they should be held liable for your injuries.
When Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. examines your case, we will search for evidence of driver liability. This includes such violations of traffic law as:
- Failure to yield and causing a collision
- Illegal lane changes or merges which force the victim into an accident
- Failure to stop, causing a rear-end collision
- Intentionally hitting another car
- Taking illegal action to pressure or trick another driver into an accident
- Speeding up and slowing down so as to create danger
A Westbury road rage lawyer from our team will collect evidence from the scene, secure available video footage, and interview witnesses in order to prove the liability of the responsible driver. When indicated, we will also hire traffic accident reconstruction experts to prove how the raging driver caused the accident.
If you were hurt by an angry or aggressive driver, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400. We will discuss your case, including who is liable, during your free consultation.
Westbury Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Compensation in a Road Rage Accident Case
If the driver who caused your accident is found liable, they will owe you compensation for your injuries and the effects this accident has had on your life. This may include:
- Costs of medical treatment, including operations, surgeries, and medications, including the predicted cost of all future medical care you require
- Lost wages or reduced earning income, both past and future
- Damages to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering, both past and future
- Other damages that are unique to your case
You can also recover compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit if a family member was killed in a road rage accident. Wrongful death cases often recover compensation for the pain and suffering a loved one experienced in their final hours or days, the financial losses caused by a loved one’s passing, and more. We know this is a painful time for your family, but securing compensation can help ensure that there are no financial costs on top of your tragic loss.
Click to contact our Westbury Car Accident Lawyers today
Build Your Case With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represent Westbury families in road rage cases. This means you will be free to concentrate on recovering from your injuries while a Westbury road rage lawyer from our team will:
- Keep you informed about every step of the process and answer your questions.
- Identify the liable party in your case, even if that means an investigation into a driver who caused your injuries and fled.
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf, including insurance companies, lawyers, and witnesses.
- Gather evidence of driver liability.
- Determine the value for your case by gathering evidence and securing statements from medical experts and, if indicated, vocational rehabilitation specialists about the future costs of this accident to you.
To discuss how our legal services will be tailored to your case, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
If you or a family member were injured by an angry, aggressive driver, you deserve compensation and a Westbury road rage lawyer is ready to help you with experienced and determined legal representation. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is dedicated to representing victims in Westbury road rage cases. You get to concentrate on your recovery while we hold the negligent party who harmed you legally and financially accountable.
Do not hesitate to take legal action. New York law places a strict statute of limitations, or time limit, on how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. If this time limit expires before you act, you could lose your right to recover compensation via a lawsuit.
We will discuss what legal time limits pertain to your case when you contact our firm. Call us even if you think your statute of limitations has expired—there could be special circumstances in your case that extend your right to sue.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form