A Hempstead reckless driving accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you define the specific negligent action or actions of the at-fault driver and build a case against them. We may be able to help you recover from the financial aftermath of your accident via an insurance claim or a lawsuit.
In This Article
- Let Our Team Deal with the Legalities of Seeking Compensation
- Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
- Avoid the Risks of Filing Your Lawsuit Too Late
- Reckless Driving Accidents Might Have Many Causes
- Call Our Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation Today
Let Our Team Deal with the Legalities of Seeking Compensation
When our personal injury team handles your claim, we can meet at the location that is most convenient for you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area or on Long Island. In addition, we will:
- Continually update you on your case
- Identify and locate the at-fault party
- Handle all case communications
- Compile, organize, and present evidence
- Define the accurate monetary value of your case
Our multilingual staff assists clients who speak Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We also help build your compensation case by hiring expert medical witnesses and vocational rehabilitation specialists.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
See a healthcare professional if you were hurt in an accident to ensure that your injuries are promptly and properly treated. The treatment costs you incur may be eligible for compensation. Additional recoverable damages from the at-fault driver may include:
- Emergency and ongoing medical bills
- Vehicle damage or destruction
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Immediate and ongoing income loss
If you suffered any of these financial expenses and losses as the result of a reckless driving accident, our team might be able to help you get financial compensation. We will carefully calculate your costs and use medical and employment records to prove their value.
Hempstead Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Avoid the Risks of Filing Your Lawsuit Too Late
Filing a lawsuit after a car accident is a time-sensitive matter. If you were injured and your property was damaged in a car accident, or if a loved one’s life was lost, New York’s statute of limitations defines your filing deadlines as follows:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 generally limits your ability to file a personal injury using the date of the accident.
- New York Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 generally limits your ability to file a wrongful death lawsuit using the date of a loved one’s demise.
We take your injuries and the unfortunate demise of a loved one as seriously as possible. When you include our team in your personal injury lawsuit, we help ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Early involvement also lets us interview witnesses while details are still fresh and allows us to examine the accident scene, canvassing for surveillance video on nearby buildings that may have captured the events leading up and the accident itself. The sooner you contact our team, the sooner we can start building the very most compelling case on your behalf.
Reckless Driving Accidents Might Have Many Causes
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) research, any of the following traffic violations might construe reckless or risky driving:
- Alcohol or drug-impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
After being involved in a car accident of any severity, you should contact the police and request that they come to the scene so that they may prepare a police accident report. Your police accident report will contain important details that may help our team prove the cause of the accident and establish your right to financial compensation. It will tell us:
- Key contact information
- Vehicle damage and impact points
- Suspected accident t causes and contributing factors
We will use the information in the police accident report as we investigate the circumstances of the crash and work to establish the factors, driver behaviors, and traffic violations that contributed to the accident.
Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs might not be able to make the critical decisions involved in safely operating their vehicle. Recent NHTSA statistics cite these facts about the dangers of impaired driving:
- 29% of all car accident fatalities were the result of alcohol-impaired driving.
- 20% of drivers had positive drug tests on weekend nights.
Impaired drivers may struggle to maintain focus and control, react too slowly, and have trouble maintaining their lane of travel. Your police accident report will indicate suspected cases of driving under the influence.
While it might include commonly known distractions like talking or texting on a smartphone, distracted driving might also include eating, drinking, using your GPS or radio, or talking or arguing with your passengers.
If your Hempstead reckless driving accident was caused by driver distraction, we may find details of it in your police accident report.
Although a slight decrease from the previous year, 2018 still saw 9,378 car accident deaths caused by speeding. A dangerous form of reckless or aggressive driving, speeding might mean:
- Exceeding the posted speed limit
- Driving too fast for conditions
Drivers tend to speed when they are running late or frustrated by traffic delays.
Often occurring in the overnight or afternoon hours, drowsy driving might be dangerous and deadly. Recent NHTSA research cites single year totals of:
- 91,000 – the number of drowsy driving accidents
- 4,111 – the number of people fatally injured in drowsy driving accidents
Our Hempstead reckless driving accident lawyer will help you determine whether drowsy driving played a role in your accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation Today
If a reckless driver hurt you or someone you love, our team is here to help. We are passionate supporters for our injured clients and fight hard for the compensation injury victims deserve.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation regarding your case. The sooner you call, the sooner a Hempstead reckless driving accident lawyer from our firm can get to work on your case. Call our case review team today.