Drunk driving is a serious offense in New York and across the country. The circumstances of these accidents can lead to the most devastating injuries, which often result in fatalities. Drivers who get behind the wheel while intoxicated face criminal penalties under the law, including fines, license suspension or revocation, and jail time.
Unfortunately, these consequences do not do much to help the victims of such accidents or their families. To obtain compensation for the damages these accidents cause, it is often necessary to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim. This is most effectively accomplished by retaining the services of a Baldwin car accident lawyer.
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is available to help you navigate the aftermath of a drunk driving accident in Baldwin or a nearby area. Our compassion for victims of negligence strengthens our determination as we work hard to build the strongest possible cases on our clients’ behalf. Let us help you by providing the excellence in legal representation that you deserve and that will get the job done. Call (516) 932-0400 to receive a complimentary consultation now.
- Pursuing Compensation in Baldwin After a Drunk Driving Accident
- Other New York Statutes that Affect Your Case
- Hire a Baldwin Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
- Why You Should Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Pursuing Compensation in Baldwin After a Drunk Driving Accident
The first step when seeking compensation after a collision in Baldwin generally involves filing an auto insurance claim. Since New York State requires drivers to carry no-fault insurance, victims of car accidents typically start by looking to their own policies for coverage. These policies tend to cover only the basics, including medical expenses and wages lost while in recovery.
One of the many services we will provide if you choose to retain our services is that we will complete the No-Fault benefits filing process for you. We will also initiate the process of making a liability claim against the at-fault driver and other potentially liable parties. However, some collisions and resulting injuries are so severe that they warrant filing a personal injury lawsuit. If either of the following statements is true, this could be an option in your case:
- You suffered monetary damages greater than the state’s limits for “basic economic losses.”
- The accident resulted in injuries that qualify as “serious,” such as, but not limited to, dismemberment, permanent disability, loss of a fetus, or bone fracture.
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review the circumstances of your collision and damages to help you determine which option (or if both options,) applies in your case.
Should you need to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one, please accept our condolences and allow us to offer our services. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
If you are ready, we will discuss your case today during a free consultation when you call (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Drunk Driving Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Other New York Statutes that Affect Your Case
In the process of investigating the collision and building your case, we will consider which state statutes may come into play. For example, there are laws in every state that pertain to traffic violations, such as drunk driving. If there is proof that the driver committed a violation that contributed to the accident—such as a citation for drunk driving—we will use this evidence and the corresponding statute to support your claim.
Another law we will need to consider is the New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, which outlines the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in the state. This statute restricts the amount of time we have to file the appropriate paperwork. We encourage you to reach out as soon as possible to get started, so that we may speak with witnesses and collect evidence. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Baldwin Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Hire a Baldwin Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
Personal injury attorneys take on many different responsibilities when it comes to their clients’ cases. From the moment you hire assistance after a collision, your drunk driving accident lawyer will go to work for you. There are numerous steps to make up the process to pursue compensation, and you will receive experienced support and compassionate guidance from start to finish.
When you choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you gain access to a wide range of services tailored to fit your needs. You never have to feel alone or confused about your ability to seek compensation. We make sure to keep each of our clients up to date on the status of their case, addressing any questions and concerns they have along the way. We will also:
- Determine the identity of the liable parties. Our first step upon accepting a case is usually identifying the parties responsible for your accident and liable for your damages. We will conduct an investigation that allows us to understand how the accident happened in order to file a claim against the at-fault driver and all other potentially liable parties.
- Communicate on your behalf. Speaking with insurance adjusters, the other driver, and other parties involved in your case can put you in a vulnerable position. When we represent you in these conversations, we protect you and we make sure to avoid any misunderstandings that could jeopardize your damages.
- Compile evidence to support your claim for damages. We will need several types of evidence in your case. These will include evidence of the driver’s negligent act that led to the collision and proof of your resulting injuries and losses. The first will allow us to build a case against the driver, while the other will help us arrive at a monetary value for your damages.
Why You Should Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
When you hire a Baldwin drunk driving accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you get more than the services outlined above. As advocates for victims of drunk drivers, our goal is to provide legal services that are thorough, fair, and convenient.
For this reason, we make ourselves available to meet with clients anywhere in the New York metropolitan area, as well as anywhere on Long Island. Our firm also boasts a multilingual staff, allowing us to assist clients in Bengali, Greek, Tamil, Spanish, and Kannada, as necessary.
Allow us to extend the same services to you in your time of need. When you contact us, we begin with a free consultation in which we discuss the circumstances of your accident and the various considerations associated with pursuing a personal injury case.
Do not wait to recover the compensation you and your family deserve—reach out to our firm today. Call (516) 932-0400 now to speak with a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative.