If you or your child was bitten by a dog, our personal injury team will help you seek financial compensation from the owner of the animal. When you are ready to hold the owner of the dog financially liable for his animal’s actions, a Huntington dog bite injury lawyer on our team is ready to help.
Whether you were bitten by a dog belonging to a friend, neighbor, or visitor to a local dog park, our client support team will:
- Identify the dog and its owner
- Prove the owner’s negligence
- Assign a value to your case
- Canvas the area for witnesses
- Negotiate a monetary settlement
- Fight for the financial compensation you deserve
- Financial Compensation After a Dog Bite
- Get Responsive Legal Care After an Injury
- Your Deadline to File Gets Closer Every Day
- Work With Our Firm On Your Dog Bite Injury Case
- Connect With Our Team for Free
Financial Compensation After a Dog Bite
After an attack by a dog, the dog’s owner may be held responsible for the following types of damages:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages or income
- Lasting or permanent scarring or disfigurement
When our team establishes the value of your dog bite injuries, we will work hard to secure intangible (e.g., pain and suffering) and future expenses (e.g., reasonably anticipated future medical procedures).
One of our most important goals when seeking compensation is to ensure you are appropriately and justly compensated for the medical care and related support you require.
Why a Dog Bite Entitles You to Compensation for Pain and Suffering
When you are injured by a dog, the physical and emotional trauma could last a long time or even a lifetime. When we include pain and suffering in your potential compensation package, we base its value on:
- The severity of your injuries
- The degree of psychological harm you have experienced
- The limitations your injuries impose on your lifestyle
- The distress your injuries and recovery might cause in the future
A Huntington dog bite injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you get compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering. You do not have to face this legal battle on your own. We are here for you during every step of the process.
For a free legal consultation with a Dog Bite lawyer serving Huntington, call 516-932-0400
Get Responsive Legal Care After an Injury
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will not keep you guessing about the progress or outcome of your injury case. Our team works hard to give clients responsive, compassionate legal care and support. When we fight for your compensation, you can expect us to:
- Regularly update you on your case
- Identify all liable parties
- Handle all communication for you
- Gather and present evidence
- Define the monetary value of your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
If you were bitten by a dog in Huntington, you should not have to add financial distress to an already traumatic experience. You also should not have to hesitate to seek medical attention because of its possible costs.
Records And Documents We Can Use to Support Your Right to Compensation
When we identify the at-fault dog owner and establish their financial responsibility, we build a case file that proves it. We will use every bit of relevant evidence we are able to uncover to tell your story in the most compelling way.
Your file might include:
- Medical referrals
- A written prognosis from your doctor
- Witness testimonials
- Animal control reports
- Photos of your injuries
- Your written statement(s)
- Medical records and bills
- Wage and income records
The documents and evidence in your case file will also help prove the cost of your injuries and related expenses. If possible, we will request these items on your behalf, so your focus stays on your recovery or on helping an injured loved one through their recovery.
Huntington Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Deadline to File Gets Closer Every Day
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 requires you to file your personal injury lawsuit within a predetermined amount of time. Understanding and complying with the required filing deadline is essential to a successful outcome. Failing to comply with the statute of limitations could prevent you from filing your lawsuit at all.
Once the deadline has expired, it is almost certain that any lawsuit initiated after that point in time will almost certainly be dismissed. If this occurs, you will be left with no way to compel financial compensation from the at-fault dog owner.
Our legal team can identify the statute of limitations in your case and ensure we comply as we work toward your financial recovery.
Work With Our Firm On Your Dog Bite Injury Case
After a dog bite or attack, a Huntington dog bite injury lawyer from our team will help you seek financial compensation from the owner of the dog that bit you. We are fervent advocates for those who were injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Our team members can come to you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area. We also assist clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Our Team for Free
When you are ready to seek monetary compensation, you do not have to do it alone. Our team will help you build a solid and persuasive case that documents your right to financial recovery.
Contact the personal injury team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. by calling (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation and review of your case today.