After a texting and driving accident, our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can explain your legal rights. A Long Beach texting while driving accident lawyer from our firm will notify the person responsible for your injuries, negotiate an appropriate settlement, and more. We offer free case reviews for car accident victims.
- How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Manage Your Claim
- What Compensatory Damages are and How to Qualify
- The Dire Consequences of Texting While Driving
- Legal Help is Available Now
How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Manage Your Claim
If you live in Long Beach, New York, and are looking for a personal injury lawyer to represent you, our firm is here to help. A texting while driving accident lawyer from our office will do everything in their power to secure you compensation. This includes:
- Keeping you updated: As soon as we know about a new development in your case, you will know about it, too. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need and call us between updates for more information.
- Identifying all liable parties: In addition to the texting driver, there might be other liable parties, such as, for example, the local municipality, that failed to design or maintain the roadway so as to provide safe conditions.
- Handling all communications: You do not have to have direct contact with the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company. We will deliver all messages, negotiate a settlement, and even confront them in court.
- Looking for evidence: We will strengthen your case by collecting documentary evidence, like medical records and the police accident report.
- Calculating your case’s value: We will make sure that you make claim or sue for every dollar you deserve. This includes identifying every type of compensation you are eligible for and estimating the amount of money you seek for each of them.
There is one more way we will help you: by working for a contingency fee. Instead of paying us by the hour, you only owe us after you have received your damages. In the event we do not recover compensation for you, there is no fee due to us whatsoever.
For a free legal consultation with a Texting While Driving Accident lawyer serving Long Beach, call 516-932-0400
What Compensatory Damages are and How to Qualify
The term “damages” refers to compensation given to accident victims to:
- Help them pay accident-related expenses
- Reimburse them for wages lost because of the accident
- Compensate them for the fact that they were injured
Damages are typically offered by an insurance company, depending on how willing the liable party’s insurance company is to work with the victim. If there is no willingness to settle, your case for economic and non-economic damages can be presented to a judge and jury, who will be asked to reach a verdict resulting in an award in your favor. Most people are unsure of how to confront these entities for the money they deserve.
Our Team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P Will Handle this for You.
The Two Kinds of Damages
Non-economic damages include any physical and mental stress you experienced due to your injuries. A few common examples are listed below, but others may also be available:
- Pain and suffering, including both physical and psychological trauma which may result from scarring, including any marks that substantially alter your appearance or that affect your range of motion, and disability, including both physical and mental injuries that will never heal
- Loss of consortium, including any aspect of your marriage (emotional, sexual, etc.) that has suffered since the accident
Economic damages include any financial losses you incurred due to your injuries. A few common examples include:
- Loss of wages or benefits, including whatever money you would have earned had you not taken a leave of absence to let your injuries heal
- Loss of earning capacity, including the money that you estimate you would have earned in the future if not for your injuries
- Repair expenses, including the cost of fixing your car and finding other modes of transportation while your car was unusable
- Medical expenses, including the cost of emergency care, long-term treatment, and even assistive devices (like a wheelchair or a walker)
Wrongful death cases are governed by different laws than personal injury cases, and they might entitle you to different kinds of damages. If you lost a loved one in a car accident, we are sorry for your loss. It would be our privilege to extend our services to you in this type of case, as well.
Long Beach Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Dire Consequences of Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is illegal because any distraction that takes a driver’s eyes off the road—even when simply reaching over to retrieve their phone from the passenger seat—endangers both the distracted driver and everyone else on the road.
Per the most recent statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2018, distracted driving accounted for:
- 14% of all property damage accidents (i.e., accidents involving no personal injuries)
- 15% of all accidents resulting in injury
- 8% of all fatal accidents
It is clear that distracted driving is a serious problem with life-changing consequences. As the data above show, an accident with a distracted driver could result in property damage, severe bodily injuries, brain damage, and extensive pain and suffering. You have the right to hold the liable party in your case accountable by making a claim or suing for compensation.
Legal Help is Available Now
It is difficult enough to recover from a car accident without trying to manage your own lawsuit as well. Let a texting while driving accident lawyer from our firm do all of the hard work while you focus on your recovery.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 to learn more through a free evaluation. Our team is able to assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Tamil, Bengali, or Kannada.