You could be eligible for monetary damages if you suffered injuries in a rollover accident in Long Beach, New York. This compensation could help you pay your bills and receive necessary medical care. If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, recovering damages may help you support your family long term.
A rollover accident lawyer from our firm would be more than happy to help you recover compensation. We will file a claim or, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, a lawsuit on your behalf and fight hard for the money you need and deserve.
In This Article
- Hiring a Long Beach Rollover Accident Lawyer
- What You Are Entitled to Recover
- Factors That Affect Your Ability to Receive Compensation
- Working With the Insurance Company
- Our Team is Ready to Take Your Call
Hiring a Long Beach Rollover Accident Lawyer
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. strives to make our services as convenient and accessible as possible. We make the process of acquiring legal representation easier by:
- Offering free case assessments: All you have to do is call. After an intake, a member of our team will give you our legal opinion as to whether you have a case.
- Traveling to you: If you cannot travel for any reason, we are happy to meet you anywhere on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area.
- Deferring our fees: We only collect a fee from our clients if and when they recover compensation. Otherwise, you pay us nothing. There is no out-of-pocket cost to be worried about.
Your lawyer will handle all aspects of your claim for you. This gives you more time to rest at home and recover from your accident in peace. Among other things, our team will:
- Update you: By providing you with regular updates, we ensure that you do not have to worry and wonder about what is going on.
- Identify the liable party: Even in cases where the liable party seems obvious, there could be other factors—and, therefore, other liable parties—that influence who you should sue and for how much.
- Be your communications manager: If the liable party wants to speak to you, or vice versa, your lawyer will deliver all messages.
- Gather evidence: Medical records, police reports, and other forms of evidence will strengthen your case by supporting your version of events.
- Assign a value to your case: We will identify and quantify every type of compensation you qualify for.
For a free legal consultation with a Rollover Accident lawyer serving Long Beach, call 516-932-0400
What You Are Entitled to Recover
While compensation varies from case to case, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has helped our clients recover significant payouts after car accidents—from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. We will work hard to ensure you get appropriate compensation from the at-fault party.
Damages For Your Financial Losses
There are two types of compensation you are allowed to seek. The first, economic damages, reimburses you for monetary losses caused by factors like:
- Loss of wages: You lost income by staying home to let your injuries heal. This potentially includes a loss of benefits as well.
- Loss of employment: You lost your job because of your injuries. Alternatively, your injuries prevent you from ever performing your old job duties.
- Medical expenses: You needed/will need medical care, including therapy, physical therapy, medications, home nursing, etc.
- Repair expenses: Your car was damaged badly enough that you took it in for repairs or had to buy a new one.
Damages For Your Non-Financial Losses
Non-economic damages will reimburse you for physical and emotional injuries caused by such factors as:
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has deteriorated or even ended because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries or the accident itself has caused you physical and emotional anguish.
Pain and suffering can also encompass:
- Disability: You have lost the use of any body part, whether through a total loss (e.g., organ removal) or debilitating pain or nerve damage.
- Scarring or disfigurement: You have experienced a change in physical appearance or ability due to accident-related scar tissue.
You could qualify for other types of damages if you lost a loved one in the accident. If you are dealing with this level of tragic loss after a Long Beach rollover accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. would like to express our condolences for your loss and assist you with your wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Long Beach Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Factors That Affect Your Ability to Receive Compensation
Rollover accidents are terrifying and potentially life-changing events. You have the right to sue after such an event, but only for a limited time, per New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214. This is the statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits.
Certain case types, for example, those where a municipality was at fault—perhaps a vehicle owned and operated by the local village, town, or county caused your rollover accident—have much shorter statutes of limitation.
Beyond the legal requirements of the applicable statute of limitations, from a practical perspective, it is best to speak with an experienced and dedicated rollover accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure evidence regarding your case is not misplaced or destroyed. Witnesses move away and can become difficult or impossible to find if not located promptly after the accident and surveillance dash-cam video can be deleted.
Working With the Insurance Company
Your attorneys will have to combat the liable party’s insurance company. Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay accident victims, no matter how badly they need the money. The insurer might:
- Blame you for the accident: If you hold any responsibility for the collision, the amount of money you recover will decrease, as dictated by New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §1411.
- Offer an inappropriate settlement: You want your money as fast as possible, and the insurance company knows this. The insurer might offer you a small settlement in the hopes that financial pressure will coax you to accept it in a settlement.
- Refuse to negotiate: Sometimes this presents as an insurer taking a “no pay,” position. This will force you to either give up your case or go to court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team is Ready to Take Your Call
For more information about your rights under the law in Long Beach, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400. A rollover accident lawyer from our firm would be happy to assume responsibility for your case. This way, you have more time to relax and recuperate from your injuries.
Our staff can assist you in the language of your choice: English, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, Greek, or Kannada.