Freeport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents often create serious injuries that can change the course of your life. Missed days at work, surgeries, and other medical expenses quickly pile up, leaving you at a loss for how to pay for all the damages.
A Freeport motorcycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will give you tailored legal support, advocating your right for compensation from the party who caused your accident.
Call our office today at 516-932-0400 for a no-obligation, no-cost case review.
We Accept All Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases in Freeport, NY
Any number or combination of variables can prompt a motorcycle accident.
12 most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Changing lanes illegally
- Roadways poorly marked
- Driving while distracted
- Reckless driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving at excessive speed for conditions
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road hazards
- Illegal turns
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving aggressively
- Failure to follow traffic signage and laws
Our legal team will do what it takes to determine what caused your motorcycle accident and see that the responsible party bears the burden of your injuries.
A Freeport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do Everything for Your Case
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented motorcycle accident and other personal injury victims since 1991. We take care of our clients’ legal concerns from sign-up to settlement or verdict.
When you hire our firm, we commit to providing you the following:
- Calculating all your damages to determine the value of your case
- Investigating your accident to bolster your case with strong evidence
- Communicating with all parties: insurers, lawyers, judges, witnesses, experts
- Proactively keeping you updated about your case status
- Establishing the negligence of another party in your accident
We handle every detail, leaving you to focus on what only you can: attending medical treatment, recovering physically from your injuries and otherwise taking action to restore the quality of your life.
Proactive and Responsive Communication With Our Clients
We fully understand the unnerving concern of entrusting someone with a major, critical job and the accompanying fear that an unexpected turn of events might blindside you. Even if everything goes smoothly, the stress and anxiety of not knowing what is going on with your case can prove unbearable.
Your legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. knows how important it is for you to be kept apprised of your case’s progress, benchmarks, milestones, and so on. Our lawyers proactively communicate with you as an integral component of the legal service we offer.
Establishing Negligence for Your Motorcycle Accident in Freeport, NY
To establish a prima facie case of negligence, personal injury law requires the presence of four key elements:
- Duty of Care: The defendant owed you a legal duty, by either action or inaction, to prevent you from being injured.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant did not fulfill this duty of care.
- Causation and Fault: The defendant’s breach of duty caused the accident that generated your injury.
- Damages and Liability: You sustained physical and financial damages from the accident.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will construct each of these elements and stack them into a solid-core, legal case that will withstand scrutiny by the opposing insurers and lawyers as well asjudges, and juries. Call us at 516-932-0400 so that we can start crafting your case.
Gathering the Evidence to Support Your Motorcycle Accident Case
We will build your personal injury case on a bedrock of irrefutable evidence. Where the evidence has not yet been revealed, we will investigate to uncover it. Our investigative efforts, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, will include doing the following:
- Retrieving medical records from your physician, hospital, surgeon, etc.
- Obtaining official accident reports from the investigating law enforcement officer
- Soliciting statements from witnesses
- Documenting your wages using pay statements from your employer
- Considering the mechanical health of the vehicles involved in the collision
- Scouring the accident scene for additional pieces of evidence
- Gathering and documenting photos and videos from the accident
- Securing opinion testimony from accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, economists, and vocational and life-care planning experts
We understand the laws and power of persuasive evidence that will make your case compelling. We will work tirelessly to uncover the evidence that presents your case in the bestlight, most likely to win you the best possible outcome.
Determining the Damages and Amounts We Will Work to Recover
We will use some of the evidence we gather to prove breach of duty and causation. Other pieces of evidence we obtain we will put to work in calculating the types and amounts of damages you suffered in your motorcycle accident.
Types of damages that might relate to your case include the following:
- Medical treatment
- Imaging and lab work
- Assistive devices
- Emergency transport
- Prescription medication
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Diminished quality of life
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering
If a family member died from injuries he or she sustained in a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to pursue a wrongful death action. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will prosecute this claim or lawsuit for you. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Filing an Insurance Claim or Personal Injury Lawsuit for Your Damages
A Freeport motorcycle accident lawyer will use the list of damages we compile to support settlement negotiation efforts.
When litigation is called for because the insurance company does not cooperate toward an appropriate settlement agreement, we are ready to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
You Have a Limited Time to Take Legal Action in Court
The sooner you start on your case, the better. The state of New York’s statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have to commence a lawsuit and there are other claim and litigation time-deadlines as well.
A Freeport motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm will use the greater amount of time that an earlier start to the case offers to build the most solid case possible. By starting earlier, we may gain access to more physical evidence (for example, photos or video), fresher eyewitness accounts, etc.to strengthen your case to the greatest degree possible.
Our legal team looks forward to talking to you about your Freeport motorcycle accident case. The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. professional staff can speak to you in your native language of Spanish, Tamil, Bengali, Greek, or English.
Call our office today for a free, no-obligation consultation: 516-932-0400.