Baldwin Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can leave you with injuries, time away from work, and unanticipated expenses for items such as medical treatment and auto repair.A member of the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review your case and explain your legal options for receiving compensation to cover the losses you have experienced and may suffer down the road.
Call us today for a free consultation at (516) 932-0400.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Baldwin, NY
Any type or combination of driving behaviors can trigger a car accident. Our Baldwin car accident lawyers accept all car accident case types, , including those caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast
- Poor road conditions
- Debris on the road
- Reckless driving
- Incorrect turns
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road construction
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can represent you in your quest for compensation.
How a Baldwin Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has offered tailored legal services to help car accident victims in New York recover compensation for their injuries, vehicle damage, lost income and other losses caused by their accident. Our multilingual staff (Bengali, Spanish, Kannada, Greek, and Tamil) will be sure you understand your legal rights and will handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Updating you on every significant benchmark, milestone, challenge, and solution throughout the lifespan of your case
- Investigating your car accident to unearth the evidence that will build a solid case
- Identifying the at-fault party and establishing their liability for your damages
- Handling all communications with all parties related to your case, including lawyers, insurance companies, witnesses, courts and others
- Determining the damages resulting from your car accident, then, as indicated by the specifics of your case, negotiating for maximum settlement and/or presenting them to a jury
Keeping You Updated on Your Case
Our staff welcomes your calls, emails, and texts. If you have information or a concern or question you want to share, we want to hear it. We happily take your calls and return messages promptly so you can rest assured that we are working as a team to resolve your case.
Identifying the At-Fault Party and Establishing Liability
Attempts to recover compensation after a car accident falls under the realm of personal injury law. Under this branch of law, we must establish negligence in order to collect damages from the at-fault party.
Toward this end, our legal team will satisfy the following four requirements:
- Duty of Care: Establish that the defendant had a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent you from suffering injury.
- Breach of Duty: Show that the defendant breached their duty of care.
- Causation: Establish that this breach of duty caused the car accident.
- Damages: Establish that you sustained physical, emotional, and economic injuries as a result of the car accident
By establishing the above arguments, each of which will be based on irrefutable evidence, we will build a compelling case of personal injury.
Investigating Your Case and Gathering Solid Evidence
Our legal team knows that a case is only as strong as the evidence that supports it. They will extract the details, documentation, and testimony that will convince insurers, lawyers, and jurors of the compelling validity of your case.
The evidence that will support your case will come from:
- The official police accident report
- Your medical records
- Your wage statements
- The scene of the accident
- Expert statements from medical, economic, vocational rehabilitation, and lifecare planning professionals
- Photos and videos
- Witness statements
Your Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. car accident lawyer will make sure your case is fortified with solid facts.
Determining the Value of Your Case
There is a real danger of attempting to work directly with insurance companies to receive compensation for your injuries—leaving money on the table. Our legal team understands the depth and breadth of the impact your car accident has had on your life—and will continue to have for years ahead.
We know how to calculate the damages you need to recover from the defendant in order to get your life as close to its pre-accident state as possible.
Although every case is different, some of the damages you might recover in your car accident case include the following:
- Doctors’ fees
- Surgeons’ fees
- Hospital stay
- Prescription medicines
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Physical rehabilitation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Replacement services
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Assistive mobility devices
If you lost a loved one as the result of injuries sustained in a car accident, please know that we are sorry for your loss. As painful as it may be to think about legal matters at this time, you may need to consider the economic impact this death will have on you and your family. Our wrongful death attorneys can help you understand your legal rights to receive compensation in such a scenario.
We will identify all the areas in which you have suffered losses—economic and noneconomic—and include them in a demand letter for the insurer.
Fighting for Your Rightful Compensation
Our legal team will present your demand letter to the insurance company and negotiate for the maximum settlement amount possible. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, if the insurer is unwilling to negotiate a fair settlement, we will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and proceed to represent you by prosecuting your case in a civil court.
Let Us Start Working on Your Case Before Time Runs Out
The statute of limitations under New York law gives you only a certain period of time from the date of your car accident in which to take legal action. Our legal team will stay on top of this and other deadlines to ensure you do not miss out on any opportunities for the compensation you deserve.
A Baldwin car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will meet with you for a free case review and consultation. Remember, we take no money unless and until your claim for compensation succeeds. The sooner we start, the better the chance we have of getting the evidence we need. Call us at (516) 932-0400.