If someone else’s careless, negligent, or reckless actions caused you to suffer injuries on Long Island, you could qualify to hold the negligent party liable for the damages. Our team of personal injury lawyers handles many different case types, from trip or slip-and-falls to medical malpractice incidents.
When Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represents you, you can expect accessible, compassionate legal support throughout the process. If you prefer to speak Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Kannada, or Tamil, our staff is prepared to accommodate you. We also arrange meetings outside of our office if you cannot travel to us, and the initial case assessment is free.
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Firm Help?
First, a member of our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will evaluate your case for free. If you like what we have to say, we will assign an injury lawyer to the case to help you recover damages for your injury on Long Island.
Our attorneys are passionate advocates for the injured. We will review your case and offer compassionate and honest advice to help you choose the best path for seeking financial recovery. Once we take over the case, our services include:
- Explaining the process and providing regular updates as we build your case
- Identifying who to hold accountable for damages based on an in-depth investigation
- Speaking on your behalf with the other party, their insurer, their legal representatives, and any other parties
- Compiling evidence that supports your claims and proves your right to compensation
- Accounting for all of your damages and calculating the overall value of the case
- Fighting tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
We strive to take as much off of your plate as possible when it comes to legal matters. However, your attorney will leave all major decisions up to you. Our team will provide all the information necessary to understand your case and feel confident in your choices.
What Will We Do During Our Comprehensive Investigation?
We investigate every personal injury case we handle. Our team works together to gather as much information as possible and determines all parties responsible for the incident. As a part of our investigation, we will:
- Identify, collect, and analyze all available, relevant evidence
- Interview witnesses and obtain witness statements
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, and other experts to determine what happened to cause your injuries
- Collect documentation of your damages
- Request copies of your relevant medical records
- Work closely with medical experts and life care planners to understand your injuries, prognosis, and ongoing and future care needs
- Consult, should your case call for it, with vocational rehabilitation specialists and economists about the future financial impacts of your injuries
Once we complete our investigation, we work to build a strong case to prove negligence and liability. We then present this to an insurance company to begin negotiations or file an injury lawsuit.
Negotiations and Litigation
Sometimes a personal injury case settles without having to go to court. Our firm will attempt to negotiate a fair settlement with the appropriate party in your Long Island case.
However, there may be some situations when we need to file a lawsuit. These scenarios include:
- The defendant or insurance company refuses a fair settlement agreement.
- The defendant or insurance company denies the claim.
- There are other reasons specific to your case (e.g., the time to file a lawsuit is running out).
If we take your case to court on Long Island or elsewhere in New York, you can count on our team to be by your side. Our injury lawyers will help you understand what to expect every step of the way and argue for a financial award based on the facts of your case.
Act Now to Protect Your Rights After an Injury
New York law gives us a limited time from the date your injuries occurred to file a personal injury lawsuit and hold the at-fault party accountable under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214.
A different statute and deadline apply in wrongful death cases and in cases where the at-fault party is a government agency. If you fail to take the proper action within the appropriate time period, and the filing window in your case closes. you lose forever the right to move forward with a lawsuit.
Because of this deadline―and because evidence is often harder to recover later, for a variety of reasons―working on your case as soon as possible after the accident is generally in your best interest.
What Kind of Cases Do Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle on Long Island?
If another person’s negligence caused your injuries and you live or work on Long Island or in New York City, we want to offer our services to you. Our firm handles a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Automobile accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice cases
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slips and falls
- Truck accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Our attorneys are also able to pursue compensation if your loved one was the victim of wrongful death in an accident on Long Island. If you have experienced such a tragedy in your family, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Rest assured, we are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Generally, any type of personal injury case can support a wrongful death action if your family member passed away from their injuries and someone else is responsible. We consider it a special privilege to fight for the surviving family members of wrongful death victims. We invite you to call our office for a no-obligation, patient, compassionate, and comprehensive case review.
Recoverable Damages in a Long Island Personal Injury Accident
Our lawyers will investigate your case to assess the types of damages you may recover, including current and future expenses, losses, and other effects of your injury.
In general, some of the most common types of damages you could recover from a liable party on Long Island include:
- Medical treatment costs and related expenses
- Ongoing or future care costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Loss of services
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
In some cases, you may be eligible for additional damages not included in this list. For example, wrongful death cases often result in damages for funeral services and related expenses.
No Attorney Fees Unless You Get Compensation
If you have a viable case, one of our attorneys will represent you on a contingency-fee-basis. Under this fee structure, we make nothing unless we reach a settlement agreement with the other party or win a verdict for you.
In other words, we do not charge a fee unless you get compensation, which means there is no risk in seeking legal representation from us. Additionally, when we do collect our fee, it comes out of whatever award we secure for you instead of your pocket. Before you retain our firm, we will gladly discuss the specifics so you know exactly what to expect.
Reviews From Our Past Clients
Nothing better reflects our passion for helping the injured than our Google reviews from past clients:
- From Susan Landesman: “Friedman and Simon are good listeners, supportive, and easy to speak with. They go to the heart of the matter quickly, and provide help wherever needed. You will be very pleased. I highly recommend their services.”
- From Ishania Forsett: “Friedman & Simon staff is the most insightful, empathetic and communicative firm. From my initial inquiry and interaction with Cristina to Mr. Friedman himself, I receive nothing but kindness, transparency, respect and dignity.”
- From Judy Ragin: “My experience was one I’ll never forget. Whenever I called, I was greeted and treated like family. Unlike many big firms where you never get to hear the voice or see the face of those behind the scenes, Friedman and Simon were always available and never too busy to listen, and make me and my concerns a priority.”
Work with a Personal Injury Lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review your Long Island accident case and help you understand your options for recovering the compensation you need and deserve. You should never have to feel alone, left in the dark, or unsure about your case.
Let our attorneys and the rest of our legal team be there for you as you seek financial recovery. Call our office today for a complimentary consultation with a member of our team.