If you suffered injuries in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, we can help. You deserve compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. A Long Island Uber accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight to successfully resolve your case.
We will review your case for free and handle it on a contingency basis, meaning we do not get paid unless you do. Call us today.
We Handle All Types of Uber Accident Cases
We represent people hurt in Uber accidents, including:
- Uber drivers
- Uber passengers
- Third-party drivers, pedestrians, or bicyclists in accidents involving Uber vehicles
Your lawyer will sort out which insurance policy covers your injuries. The appropriate insurance policy depends on fault, as well as whether you were an Uber driver, Uber passenger, or third party.
If you were hurt in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, a car accident lawyer from our firm will fight for the best resolution to your case. Call us for a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Let Us Navigate Uber’s Insurance Policy for You
Accidents that involve Uber vehicles add a wrinkle to the typical car accident case. Uber’s insurance policy may cover the accident, but coverage depends on who caused the accident, as well as the Uber driver’s status at the time of the crash.
If you work with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will sort through the insurance and legal issues for you. You focus on recovering from your injuries.
Here is a quick run-down of how the Uber insurance policy works in New York State*:
- If the Uber driver caused the accident, the Uber insurance policy may provide liability coverageof up to $1.25 million. It covers injuries and property damage to third parties, including other drivers and pedestrians as well as occupants of the Uber vehicle.
- Uber maintains personal injury protection (PIP)coverage of $50,000. It covers occupants of the Uber vehicle as well as pedestrians or bicyclists struck by the insured Uber vehicle.
- The Uber policy includes uninsured motorist coverageof up to $1.25 million. It covers occupants of the Uber vehicle if an uninsured or underinsured third-party driver caused the accident.
- If the Uber driver was driving for personal reasons, then the Uber driver’s personal insurance policymay apply.
- A third-party driver’s insurance policymight also apply depending on fault.
(* These coverage amounts may differ in the City of New York. It will be our privilege to review such considerations with you in a free case review. )
An Uber accident attorney on Long Island from our firm will sort out all these legal issues for you. We will investigate the accident, evaluate insurance coverage, and build a case to get you the compensation you need.
Call for a free case evaluation.
Long Island Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in an Uber Accident Case
You deserve compensation that covers the financial, physical, and emotional effects of your injuries. Some of the recoverable damages in an Uber accident case may include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Medical and surgical costs
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
If your loved one died in an Uber crash, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Rest assured, we will address every legal detail of a wrongful death claim on your behalf. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Let us Handle Your Long Island Uber Accident Case
Here are some of the benefits of working with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.:
Free Case Evaluation
Our team will evaluate your Uber accident case for free. We examine the circumstances and details of your case and take the appropriate path forward to get compensation for your damages.
Investigation & Evidence Collection
Our team conducts thorough accident investigations. Some of the evidence we may gather to prove fault includes:
- Accident and police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Photographs of the accident scene or vehicles involved
- Expert testimony (e.g., accident reconstruction)
Accounting of Your Damages
Our accident attorneys evaluate all the effects of your injuries on your finances, physical health, and emotional well-being. Some of the evidence we may gather to establish the value of your damages includes:
- Medical bills and records
- Proof of lost wages
- Other receipts and bills for accident-related costs
- Expert testimony (e.g., medical experts, vocational rehabilitation experts, life care planners, and economists)
Good communication is paramount to helping clients after a car accident.
- We listen to your story and answer your questions during your free consultation.
- We keep you updated about your case so you are aware of new developments.
- We return phone calls and emails promptly, so you never feel left in the dark.
Compassionate Legal Representation
Our goal is to remove the legal burden from your shoulders and fight for compensation to cover all your damages. Our injury lawyers deliver personalized service to every client because no two clients and no two cases are exactly the same.
You have a lot to think about already – getting medical care, paying bills, recovering from your injuries. Do not add navigating the complicated insurance and legal system to your burden. Let us handle the legal process and fight for the money you deserve after your Uber accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do not Delay in Reaching Out to Our Team to Discuss Your Case
Like all states, New York has a set limit on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury case in civil court. Per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214, the clock starts ticking the day the accident occurred.
If you lost a loved one in the accident, please accept our deepest sympathies. Per Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1, the statute of limitations to bring a wrongful death action begins on the day of the decedent’s (your loved one’s) death. Of course, there are some exceptions to these statutory deadlines.
A lawyer from our firm who handles accident cases involving Uber on Long Island can investigate the details of your case and determine if this deadline is applicable. Allow our team to handle every aspect of your case from start to finish while you focus on your family and your recovery. We will ensure all pertinent documents are filed on time in the courts, so you do not lose your chance to pursue compensation.
Call a Long Island Uber Accident Lawyer Today
You have a limited amount of time to take legal action, so act quickly. Contact an Uber accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today. We are passionate advocates for the injured on Long Island and will pursue the full compensation you deserve.
We have a multilingual staff fluent in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We strive to make the legal process as easy and stress-free for you as possible. Call us today for a free case evaluation.