Regularly using a rideshare service is common on Long Island. The convenience, and availability easily fit into our busy lifestyles. Yet, when collisions involving these vehicles happen, you have legal options.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is familiar with rideshare accident cases and their many technical details. If you were hurt in such an accident, we will fight for the compensation you deserve. A Long Island rideshare accident lawyer from our team could start fighting for you today.
In This Article
- Recoverable Damages After Your Rideshare Accident on Long Island
- What to Know About Pursuing Damages After a Long Island Rideshare Accident
- Our Long Island Rideshare Accident Lawyers Will Manage Your Case’s Tasks
- The Steps You Should Take After a Rideshare Accident on Long Island
- Former Car Accident Claimants Have Shared These Statements With Us
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Your Free Case Evaluation
Recoverable Damages After Your Rideshare Accident on Long Island
You could receive compensation in two areas. Economic damages cover the expenses directly resulting from the accident. Out-of-pocket expenses cover a wide variety of costs or changes to your financial status, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes care for any injury resulting from the accident, including ambulances, hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, future medical procedures, medications, and more.
- Property damage: Your settlement could account for the cost of replacing or repairing your damaged vehicle.
- Lost wages: When you can’t work due to an injury, you deserve to receive compensation for your lost wages, vacation, and sick pay, including future earnings, commissions, bonuses, and promotions. We will also evaluate your future earning capability. Due to your injuries, you might require job retraining, a change in employment status, or even total disability.
You could also seek non-economic damages, which account for the hardships your collision caused. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering: Many accidents create mental anguish, anxiety, physical pain, temporary or permanent disability, scarring, disfigurement, and dismemberment––all of which are compensable.
- Lifestyle changes: You could seek compensation if your injuries affect your quality of life.
Collisions involving rideshare drivers can get complicated quickly. Yet, our team will interpret complex legal jargon, calculate your losses, and champion your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
What to Know About Pursuing Damages After a Long Island Rideshare Accident
We want you to understand your legal options from start to finish after a collision. Here are some things to know as you consider our help:
You Could File a Third-Party Liability Claim
Even though, under New York State No-Fault Law, a person injured will generally file a claim with the auto insurer of the vehicle they were in following a collision if your injuries reach a certain threshold, that injured person should also file a liability claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer.
Per the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, all drivers must carry at least:
- $10,000 in property damage coverage (for a single accident)
- $25,000 for injury/$50,000 for death (covers a single person)
- $50,000 for injury/$100,000 for death (covers two or more people)
You Could File a Claim with Uber’s Insurance Provider
If your damages exceed the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, you could file a claim with the rideshare driver’s insurer. How much you could recover depends on the rideshare driver’s “status” at the time of the accident. (By “status” we mean, was the rideshare driver transporting a passenger, on the way to pick up an assigned passenger or not working on the rideshare app at all? These different statuses have different implications with respect to potential insurance coverage issues.) Our lawyers will evaluate the applicable policy and pursue what you need. Both Uber and Lyft offer very similar forms of insurance coverage, however, they present key differences.
You Could File a Wrongful Death Claim on Behalf of a Late Loved One
If a loved one passed away in a rideshare accident, allow us to express our sincerest condolences for your loss. We understand that familial loss can be devastating. We consider it a privilege to fight for the compensation that your family deserves.
Through a rideshare claim or lawsuit, compensation could account for pain, suffering, and funeral expenses.
Long Island Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Long Island Rideshare Accident Lawyers Will Manage Your Case’s Tasks
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will manage everything your case requires, from evidence-gathering to negotiations. While you manage the post-accident aftermath, we will:
- Keep you informed on your case’s progression
- Identify all responsible parties
- Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Gather evidence to present a strong case
- Answer questions you have about your claim
We will also file your case within New York’s civil statute of limitations. How long you have to file depends on many factors unique to your situation. You could learn more about this law during your free case evaluation.
Click to contact our Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers today
The Steps You Should Take After a Rideshare Accident on Long Island
After your collision, we encourage you to seek medical care. Visiting a healthcare provider allows you to reach maximum medical improvement. Also, the information you get from your doctor could support your case. Your lawyer will use your imaging scans, prescriptions, and treatment’s details to assert your condition’s severity.
If possible, we also recommend keeping all information related to your rideshare accident, including:
- The involved drivers’ names
- The names of any passengers
- Registration information for all vehicles involved
- Witnesses’ contact information
- The location of the accident and weather conditions
- Screenshots of the rideshare app (if available)
It’s okay if you weren’t able to get this information. Our team of investigators will interview witnesses, visit the accident scene, and consult with experts to advance your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Former Car Accident Claimants Have Shared These Statements With Us
After partnering with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., some claimants have shared:
- “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and I when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work. Thank you so much for your help!” ––Donny
- “I was badly injured in an accident where a careless driver crashed into the rear of my car. My injuries required surgery, extensive physical therapy and a long recovery period. My injuries negatively affected my time with family, my ability to work and my recreational activities. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through.” ––Larry
By the end of our partnership, we know you’ll feel positively about your legal experience.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Your Free Case Evaluation
For questions about rideshare insurance coverage or additional compensation, please get in touch with us today. Our team is eager to hear your story and start championing your rights.
Begin with a free case evaluation. Our compassionate team is prepared to fight for your compensation.