Emotional distress is a form of suffering that typically occurs after a traumatic event. This invisible injury often negatively impacts your life, including your job, your relationships, and your personal well-being. It could take years to recover after an incident such as a motor vehicle accident, construction accident, or wrongful death. Luckily, our personal injury attorneys in New York are ready to take your case.
An emotional distress lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. could recover the compensation you deserve in New York. We’ll handle your case so you will be able to spend your time and energy, and focus on healing.
- A Lawyer From Our Firm Could Handle Your Emotional Distress Case So You Don’t Have to
- Will Your Lawyer Be Able to Calculate the Value of Your Emotional Distress in New York?
- What Our Legal Team Will Do to Handle Your Emotional Distress Claim
- Cost of an Emotional Distress Lawyer in New York
- Your Emotional Distress Lawyer Will Work to Meet All Legal Deadlines as Required by New York Law
- Consult With an Emotional Distress Law Firm in New York Today
A Lawyer From Our Firm Could Handle Your Emotional Distress Case So You Don’t Have to
Those who suffer emotional distress often have symptoms that include depression, anxiety, avoidance, outbursts of anger, loss of interest, nightmares, and fear. Your emotional distress could also be part of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) brought about by an accident.
When seeking compensation for emotional distress, victims are typically seeking other damages as well such as medical bills, lost income, and property damage. However, if you bring your case to our firm, you’ll be able to:
- Spend your time visiting any necessary mental health care appointments
- Focus on healing from your physical injuries, such as going to the doctor or physical therapy appointments
- Spend time with your loved ones or simply spend time in whatever way(s) supports your healing without the numerous stresses associated with prosecuting a claim or lawsuit
Our law firm focuses on handling personal injury cases, including those that involve emotional distress. You don’t have to face the liable parties and their insurance companies alone. Let our firm manage your personal injury claim for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Emotional Distress lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Will Your Lawyer Be Able to Calculate the Value of Your Emotional Distress in New York?
A lawyer from our firm will be able to calculate the value of your emotional distress claim. The value of your claim will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, how your emotional distress is impacting your life and finances, and the evidence we present in court to demonstrate that you deserve compensation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has secured multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for victims like you who suffer from emotional distress in the wake of a traumatic event caused by someone else’s negligence.
New York Emotional Distress Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Our Legal Team Will Do to Handle Your Emotional Distress Claim
Due to the complexity of recovering compensation for emotional distress, we strongly believe, and our experience has shown, that it is not wise for accident victims, most especially those with emotional distress, to handle their case alone. Unlike physical injuries, emotional distress is an invisible injury that is more difficult to verify. However, if you hire our personal injury attorneys to handle your case, we will:
- Investigate the accident to determine the liable party.
- Calculate the value of the damages that apply to you, including emotional distress.
- Obtain evidence demonstrating your emotional distress, including witness testimony by mental health professionals and medical doctors, and physical evidence such as your medical records and receipts for counseling or therapy. We recommend you keep a journal to document how you feel and any symptoms you experience.
- Negotiate a settlement with the negligent party and their insurance company.
- Travel to your location on Long Island or within the New York metropolitan area if you are unable to travel to our office.
- Make every effort to communicate with you in the way(s) that are most convenient for you, including text, email, and video conferencing.
- Assist you in multiple languages, including Greek, Bengali, Spanish, Tamil, and Kannada.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if the unique circumstances of your case indicate this is best.
Our firm empathizes with you during this painful time, and we are eager to handle your case in a manner that expresses that sentiment at every step along the way. We will lift the burden of the legal process off your shoulders so you do not have to carry the stress of fighting to recover compensation all by yourself. We will serve as your guide and fierce advocates in the legal process. We will provide you with updates on your case, and look after your best interests. A lawyer from our firm will fight for you tirelessly and relentlessly.
Cost of an Emotional Distress Lawyer in New York
If you are worried about hiring a lawyer to represent you in your fight to hold the liable party accountable for your emotional distress, allow us to provide you with relief by informing you that we work on a contingency-fee basis. You will only pay us if we win your case, and we will recover monetary compensation for you.
We also do not ask for any money upfront, and we will be transparent with you. There are no surprises, no hidden fees, and no hidden agendas. You will have full transparency from us from your first call to our office and in every communication that follows. We invite you to discuss your case with us before making a decision to hire legal representation so that you can feel completely comfortable with your decision. We offer free consultations, during which we will answer all of your questions, address all your concerns, evaluate your case, and spell out your options clearly and patiently
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Emotional Distress Lawyer Will Work to Meet All Legal Deadlines as Required by New York Law
You only have a limited period of time to file a personal injury lawsuit before the deadline in your case expires in New York, according to CVP § 214. Emotional distress is also common if you lose someone you love in an accident. If the loss of a loved one as the result of an accident is what has brought you to our website, we offer you our deepest condolences. Please call us so that we may inform you as to the details of the statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit as outlined in EPT § 5-4.1, or other applicable deadlines and provide any other information relevant to your situation. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
You could lose your right to file a lawsuit to recover compensation through the legal process if the deadline in your case expires. We will work to meet all deadlines in your case so this does not happen.
Consult With an Emotional Distress Law Firm in New York Today
Choosing to hire legal representation and file a lawsuit to recover financial compensation is a big decision. We invite you to discuss your case with a team member from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to learn more about how we will assist you in recovering compensation for emotional distress in New York.
You have the right to recover compensation after an accident. An injury lawyer from our firm will handle your claim because we believe in holding negligent parties accountable for the harm they cause to others. Our emotional distress attorney is ready to take your case today. Call now for your free initial consultation.