New Cassel Personal Injury Lawyer
If another’s negligence has caused you harm, you may be able to obtain compensation for damages that you have suffered. Personal injury law encompasses all types of injuries caused by negligence, from slip and fall accidents and birth injuries to motor vehicle accidents and work-related accidents.
How to chose a lawyer with Excellent Qualifications in New Cassel, NY?
Choosing the right attorney is the first step in working toward a positive outcome for your New Cassel personal injury case. With decades of experience, the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented clients in every type of personal injury case, and our New Cassel personal injury lawyers have an impressive track record of obtaining substantial settlements for our clients.
Personal injury accidents can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating, and the ripple effects can be damaging to the entire family. When the negligent or reckless acts of another caused you harm, the responsible party or parties should be held accountable for their actions.
Contact us today at 516-932-0400 to determine your rights and options with a New Cassel personal injury lawyer.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle in New Cassel, NY?
- Slip and fall accidents: More than one million people visit the emergency department due to slip and fall accidents each year.
- Birth injuries: Approximately 20 percent of all infant deaths are a result of birth injuries.
- Medical malpractice: Medical negligence is the nation’s third leading cause of death.
- Work injuries: In 2017, work-related injuries requiring medical attention totaled 4.5 million.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Each year, more than 32,000 people are killed and two million are injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- Bicycle accidents: In the U.S. in 2015, there were nearly 467,000 injuries involving bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: A total of 5,987 pedestrians were killed in pedestrian-traffic accidents in 2016 in the U.S.
- Dog bites: Each year, approximately 4.5 million people suffer dog bites in the U.S.
When unsafe conditions in a store, poor lighting in a stairwell, a defective product, or a distracted driver causes you harm, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other associated costs.
How can a New Cassel, NY personal injury lawyer help you after an accident?
The level of compensation you receive is largely dependent on the type of injuries you suffered, the duration of those injuries, how much you have incurred in medical expenses, and whether or not the injuries have prevented you from being able to work. Lost wages can be particularly devastating, especially if you are simultaneously dealing with mounting medical bills.
When a personal injury accident occurs—whether it’s due to medical malpractice, a faulty vehicle part, or a dog bite—proving fault can be a complex matter. This is why it is so essential to have an experienced personal injury lawyer by your side.
If a loved one passed away due to another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover damages through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Components of a Personal Injury Case
For a personal injury claim to be successful, the following criteria must have been present:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, a driver owes a duty of care to those with whom he shares the road; he must follow the rules of the road and pay close attention at all times. Basically, the driver of a motor vehicle must use a reasonable level of care when behind the wheel. Taking your eyes off the road for a text to inquire about tonight’s dinner would be an example of such a departure from reasonable care and a breach of duty that can lead to tragedy.
- The at-fault party breached his duty of care. In the example above of the driver texting while driving, thus taking his eyes from the road, such a driver could be liable for any resulting accident. Texting while driving is a common breach of duty, and it is deadly; distracted driving claimed the lives of 3,166 people in 2017.
- The at-fault driver’s breach of duty caused an accident, and you suffered actual damages as a result. In addition to showing a direct link between the breach of duty and the accident, you must show that you suffered damages. Medical expenses, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and lost wages are all examples of personal injury damages.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will help you determine liability (who is at fault), prove negligence, and negotiate with the insurance companies to obtain the best possible settlement. If the insurance companies are unwilling to offer an acceptable r settlement, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will take your case to court. Our legal team will gather the necessary evidence, including witness testimony, medical bills/police reports, and photographs to substantiate your claim. We will do everything required to present your case in the most compelling manner.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we know how to position you for the most favorable outcome possible. Our knowledgeable legal team will thoroughly analyze your case to determine the most appropriate legal strategy, and we will ensure that you fully understand your rights and options before moving forward.
Our talented team of personal injury lawyers has an impressive track record of obtaining compensation for our clients, and our multilingual staff can communicate with you in English, Spanish, Tamil, Greek, Bengali, and Kannada.
Let a New Cassel personal injury lawyer fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.