Mineola Car Accident Lawyer
When you are involved in a car accident in Mineola, the medical bills, car repairs, and other costs can catch you off-guard, as you grow increasingly concerned about your ability to make ends meet.
If your car accident resulted from another party’s negligence, you should not have to worry about these matters, especially as you struggle to recover from your injuries. You can — and should — hold the at-fault party liable for your damages—physical, economic, and even emotional.
A Mineola car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call our multilingual staff (English, Tamil, Greek, Spanish, Kannada, and Bengali) to arrange for your free, no-obligation case review: 516-932-0400.
Types of Mineola Car Accident Cases We Handle
Car accidents result from a wide range of human behaviors, environmental conditions, and other factors. Some common car accident cases we have seen in our practice include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Excessive speed
- Improper turning
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris on the road
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Poorly marked roads
Our injury lawyers accept all types of vehicle accident cases, including truck accidents, bicycle accidents, and motorcycle accidents, and accidents involving pedestrians struck by all types of motor vehicles. We are happy to consult with you about your case, reviewing the details, and explaining to you the legal options you have for moving forward with damage recovery.
We Handle Every Aspect of Your Mineola Car Accident
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. attorneys have worked as advocates for the injured. Our attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants have tremendous collective hands-on experience, all of it available for your benefit. Equipped with the knowledge acquired by successfully prosecuting many cases and a passion to restore the lives of our Mineola accident clients, we will fight vigorously for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Our legal team takes care of every detail in your car accident case, including the following:
- Keeping you up to date on the progress of your case, every step of the way.
- Identifying the at-fault party, then establishing their negligence and liability.
- Investigating your accident to collect all the evidence we need to construct a solid case.
- Communicating with all case-related parties, from insurance companies and lawyers, to witnesses, experts, the judge, and jury.
- Calculating the damages you have suffered—and will suffer well into the future, so that your compensation covers your actual needs.
- Negotiating with insurers.
Keeping You Informed About Your Case
Your case starts with a strategy, and it unfolds from there. We will draft a roadmap to damage recovery, and the road to resolution, because claims and litigation are adversarial processes, which may take many twists and turns. You will know where we are every step in the process.
Identifying the At-Fault Party and Establishing Their Negligence and Liability
In any car accident case, insurers or the judge and jury need to be assured of negligence before finding that an at-fault party is liable for damages. The legal concept of negligence is established via a four-pronged argument.
Our legal team will craft this argument carefully and convincingly, proving that each of the following four statements is true:
- The defendant owed you a duty to keep you from harm.
- Through either action or inaction, the defendant breached this duty.
- By violating this duty of care, the defendant caused the accident that caused your injuries.
- You sustained recoverable damages as a result of the accident and your injuries.
Collecting Evidence to Build a Compelling Case
We will base the construction of our arguments for negligence and liability on the evidence we gather from our investigation of your car accident. This effort will entail our taking, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, the following critical steps:
- Visiting the scene of the accident to document evidence
- Obtaining, reviewing, and cataloging photos and videos from the scene and the accident
- Gathering influential opinions from economic, medical, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning experts
- Collaborating with an accident reconstruction specialist to determine precisely how the car accident occurred
- Seeking wage statements from your employer
- Obtaining testimonies from witnesses
- Collecting all medical records related to the car accident
Evidence is everything when it comes to presenting a compelling case to insurers and courts. Our team will line up the facts in a way that convincingly presents your right to compensation.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
Some of the evidence from our investigation works to support our arguments that establish negligence, causation and liability. We will use other pieces of evidence to establish your losses, including expenses you may have already paid, like medical bills, as well as economic losses you can expect to endure well into the future.
Although the types and amounts of recoverable damages will depend on the unique elements of your car accident and injury, you could recover the following types of damages in your case:
- Physician and surgeon fees
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
If your loved one has been lost as a result of a Mineola car accident, we understand that there is no way to compensate for such a tragedy. However, the reality is that you may be facing very real economic consequences as a result of this passing. You have the right to pursue a wrongful death action. Our wrongful death team will represent you with dignity and compassion in this fight for the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Negotiating With the Insurance Company and Lawyers
Your Mineola car accident lawyer will fight through the negotiation process on your behalf until we reach the best possible settlement offer for you, given all the circumstances of your case.
If the insurer refuses to offer an acceptable settlement, we are ready to take the case to civil court.
As you read this, if you are beginning the process of recovering from accident injuries, your focus should be on medical treatment and rebuilding your life. Relieve yourself of the stress that case deadlines and technical claim and litigation rules can create. Leave those concerns to us and put your full attention on getting well.
Let Us Represent Your Rights for Compensation in Your Mineola Car Accident
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we fight for justice for the victims of car accidents caused by the negligence of another party. We will fight tirelessly to get the compensation you need and deserve.
Call us today for a free case review: 516-932-0400.
Link to https://www.friedmansimon.com/mineola-ny/motorcycle-accident-lawyer/ June 2019