Uniondale Car Accident Lawyer
Your car accident in Uniondale, NY , has left you with painful injuries that require medical treatment and time away from work. The expenses are building, and you are worried about how you are going to pay for the damages while still paying your usual bills and providing for your family.
A Uniondale car accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has a multilingual staff that will work on every detail of your case and lawyers who will, as per the needs of your particular case, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and/or advocate for you in court.
Call us today for a free initial consultation at 516-932-0400.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Uniondale, NY
Car accidents result from a wide range of driving behaviors. We handle them all, including those that happen when a driver:
- Drives distracted
- Drives intoxicated or under the influence
- Drives over the speed limit or too fast for road/weather conditions
- Fails to yield right of way
- Encounters poor road conditions
- Has to navigate debris or other obstructions
- Follows too closely behind another driver
- Drives aggressively
- Drives recklessly
- Ignores traffic laws
- Meets with road construction and fails to adapt
- Turns improperly
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. handles all these types of car accidents and more. Our practice concentration in personal injury law includes the representation of medical malpractice victims, including birth injuries, slip or trip and fall victims, dog bite victims and anyone else seriously injured as the result of another person’s negligence.
What a Uniondale Car Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented clients injured in car accidents for more than 25 years. We know your rights, and we know how to see that they are recognized. You can enjoy the relief in knowing that we will handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Keeping you informed and up-to-date as your case progresses
- Identifying and proving who was at at-fault for the accident and liable for your damages
- Communicating with anyone involved in your case, from insurance companies to lawyers, to witnesses, and the courts
- Gathering evidence from every nook and cranny to build an airtight case
- Calculating the damages you have incurred to get you the compensation you deserve
Keeping You Updated
We know you are anxious about your case. Your life as you know it hinges on how and when your case will be resolved. We do not take this stress lightly.
We will keep you fully informed of every significant development in the prosecution of your claim. We will take the time to answer all your questions and explain where we are in the case and how we anticipate the case going forward.
When you have a question, concern, or thought about your case, just call, text, or email us. We will answer and respond promptly with the information you need to put your mind at ease.
Identifying and Proving the At-Fault and Liable Party
To collect compensation from the person at fault for your accident and injuries, we need to prove liability. Insurance companies and courts expect this to be done in a particular way, and we will make sure it is done right. We will:
- Show that another party had a duty to take reasonable steps to keep you from danger (every driver has this duty, by the way)
- Use evidence to prove that the at-fault party in your case failed to take these steps
- Illustrate how the failure to take these reasonable steps caused the accident that resulted in your injuries
- Demonstrate that you have suffered damages—bodily, economic, and emotional—as a result
These four proofs form the foundation of your case. Our goal is to submit a rock-solid presentation to the insurance company, demonstrating to them the strength of your case and the compelling nature of our arguments if the case goes to a trial.
The Team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will build a framework of evidence to support your case. A Uniondale car accident lawyer from our firm will collect compelling materials pertaining to every relevant and significant aspect of your case, including the following:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Work and paycheck history
- On-site visit to the scene of the accident
- Opinions from experts (medical, vocational, rehabilitation, economic, life planning)
- Accident reconstruction specialist report
- Surveillance or other videos
- Witness statements
The Uniondale car accident lawyer of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Injury Lawyers who will work for you, on your case, take on this vital aspect of case-building, so you can focus, instead, on recovering from your injuries.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
This part involves much more than the math of adding up expense receipts. It requires knowing the breadth and depth of how this accident has impacted you—and will continue to affect you—and how to arrive at numbers representing damages for which receipts are not relevant.
Some of your damages will be economic and will include:
- Medical treatment by doctors and surgeons
- Emergency transportation to the hospital
- Your stay in the hospital
- Any prescribed medications, including for pain management
- Income have lost as the result of missing work
- Work benefits that correspond with missing work
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Replacement services
Some of your damages could be non-economic, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
We will combine our in-house knowledge with the expertise of experts in a variety of fields to calculate line-item damages. We will then total these damages as we enter into settlement negotiations with the liable party’s insurer, ever mindful of our goal, to obtain the best possible result for you.
Wrongful Death Action
Sometimes a car accident results in the death of a loved one. If you experienced such a loss, you can pursue a wrongful death action. The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will handle this for you with compassion and dignity.
Presenting Your Case for Resolution
The first step we take at this stage of the case, once we have thoroughly reviewed your medical treatment records and the documentation pertaining to the cause of the accident, is to enter into settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurer. If the insurer disputes the value of damages, our team will work to negotiate for the best possible settlement amount on your behalf. If the insurance company denies the claim, depending upon the circumstances of your case, we will file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. Here, we will represent you, litigate for you, and champion your right for compensation. You have a limited time to file a lawsuit, within the state’s statutes of limitations and to comply with other critical case deadlines, so contact us as soon as you can.
Let Us Take Your Case and Your Worries and Get the Compensation You Deserve
Call our multilingual team who can speak to you in Spanish, Tamil, Greek, Kannada, or Bengali. We will meet with you for a free case review and get you started toward recovery. Call today at 516-932-0400.