Few life experiences devastate like a birth injury. If you sustained an injury while giving birth or your baby suffered an injury during childbirth, you are entitled to recover your damages.
In This Article
- Common Causes of Birth Injuries in Uniondale, NY
- What You Can Expect a Birth Injury Lawyer to Do for You
- Keeping You Fully Informed and Being Present When You Need Us
- Proving Fault and Liability for Your Birth Injury
- We Collect the Evidence You Need
- Determining the Damages You Might Recover
- Wrongful Death Action
- Your Time for Acting on Your Birth Injury Damages is Limited
- Seek Representation From a Uniondale Birth Injury Lawyer Today
Common Causes of Birth Injuries in Uniondale, NY
Friedman & Simon L.L.P. has represented victims like you and your baby for 25 years. Although birth injuries result from any number of factors, often a medical practitioner connects to the root cause of this type of injury.
We accept every form of birth injury case, including these common types:
- Bell’s palsy
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Spinal cord injury
Our team will explore the facts of your case, compiling and reviewing evidence to determine who was at fault for your birth injury—then work to get you compensated.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
What You Can Expect a Birth Injury Lawyer to Do for You
Your birth injury case stirs a deep sense of compassion at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. We understand that through all your pain and emotions, you need the reassurance that someone is moving your case forward with determination.
That is precisely what we will be doing while you work through the trauma of your experience. You can count on our team to:
- Proactively communicate with you about your case
- Identify and prove who is at fault and liable for your child’s birth injury
- Communicate with every party connected to your case—so you do not have to
- Gather all the evidence we need to build a strong case
- Compile your list of damages and and seek the maximum amount of compensation
You need this time to take care of yourself and your baby. It is a task only you can perform. Leave the rest of it to us.
Uniondale Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Keeping You Fully Informed and Being Present When You Need Us
Our team of personal injury lawyers and professional support staff will keep you posted on every significant development in your case.
If you need to talk to us, we are here to take your calls. If you send a message via voice mail, email or text, we will respond promptly—and with the answers you seek.
Perhaps English is not your first language, and that is perfectly fine. Our multilingual team can assist you in English, Tamil, Spanish, Greek, Kannada, and Bengali.
Proving Fault and Liability for Your Birth Injury
Every medical malpractice case needs to establish the following elements:
- Each medical party involved in the birth of your baby owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to keep you and your baby safe, free from harm and danger.
- One or more of these parties breached this duty of care.
- This failure to provide you and your baby with this duty of care caused your birth injury.
- You and/or your baby suffered physical, financial and/or emotional damages as the result of your birth injury.
A Uniondale birth injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers, L.L.P. will prove each link in this chain of liability. We will present the facts, backed by compelling evidence, to get you the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Collect the Evidence You Need
We will support each of the above “duty of care” statements with evidence and documentation we collect.
Some types of evidence we use include the following:
- Your medical records
- Safety records for the hospital or any other medical facility
- Witness statements
- Opinions from a range of experts
- Professional history for the medical professional at fault for your birth injury
- Documentation of your or your baby’s injuries
Subject to the unique circumstance of your case, the evidence and documentation we assemble will prove our case—that you and your baby suffered an injury at the hands of a medical practitioner and that you both deserve to be compensated.
Determining the Damages You Might Recover
Your birth-injury-related losses extend beyond the immediate medical expenses and debt you have incurred.
We will pair the evidence we gathered to prove liability with professional opinions from medical, economic, vocational, and life planning experts to see that you are fully compensated for your past, present, and future damages.
Some of the damages you may recover include:
- Medical and surgical fees
- Emergency transportation
- Prescription medicine, including pain management
- Lost wages
- Diminished potential future earnings
- Lost benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Replacement services (childcare, housekeeping, cooking, etc.)
- Lab fees
- Any out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished enjoyment of life
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 to get a free case review.
Wrongful Death Action
Sometimes, the actions of a medical professional involved in the birth of a baby lead to death. If you lost a family member in this manner, call us at 516-932-0400. We will walk you compassionately through your options for pursuing a wrongful death action.
Your Time for Acting on Your Birth Injury Damages is Limited
The statute of limitations under New York law states that you must file legal action in your birth injury case within a certain period of time after the injury happened. Additionally, other time-deadlines may apply in making a claim.
Amid pain and grief, time can slip away quickly. Hiring a Uniondale birth injury lawyer soon after your injury will prevent this oversight from happening. It also gives your lawyer more time to build a firm case while he or she still can access witnesses who have a clear recollection of the events of your injury.
Seek Representation From a Uniondale Birth Injury Lawyer Today
In this difficult time, our team would like to offer you the professional, compassionate, tailored representation you deserve. Rest assured that we will be your voice through this process of damage recovery, and we will not rest in our mission to seek justice for you.
Furthermore, we never collect a fee unless and until you are compensated—one less bill to keep you up at night.
Call today for a free case review: 516-932-0400.