A Uniondale defective medical devices lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will take action on your behalf to hold the manufacturer of a defective medical device accountable and recover damages if we believe you qualify to do so. When a medical device is defective or dangerous, it will likely lead to injuries, increased illness, failure to treat a medical condition, or other concerns for those who use it.
You have the right to hold the device manufacturer or another party accountable if you suffered harm because of a defective medical device. Let a member of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. serving Uniondale and elsewhere on Long Island review your case for free today. Call (516) 932-0400.
In This Article
- Understanding Defective Medical Device Cases
- Building a Case To Prove Defective Medical Device Injuries
- Pursuing Damages in a Defective Medical Device Case
- Statute of Limitations on Holding the Device Manufacturer Liable
- Discuss Your Uniondale Defective Medical Devices Case With Us
Understanding Defective Medical Device Cases
Medical devices include a wide range of products used to:
Whether the device is an instrument, machine, or implant, it must have approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before going on the market in the United States and being used on patients. FDA continues to follow reports of adverse effects and other concerns even after approval.
If there are serious concerns about a device, they issue a warning. If there is evidence the device is defective, FDA sometimes issues a recall. However, companies frequently remove defective devices from the market without an official recall, or they remain on the market, and people continue to suffer injuries.
Defective and dangerous medical devices cause a wide range of health concerns, ranging from failing to work, to causing more serious medical problems.
Defective medical devices cases that Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have taken on include:
- Bair Hugger forced-air warming blanket, a device used to help patients remain warm during surgery
- Essure, coils implanted in the fallopian tubes for female sterilization
- Hernia mesh, vaginal mesh, and other mesh implants
- Metal prosthetic hip implants
As concerns over new devices are discovered, the cases we handle change. If you believe you suffered additional harm because of a medical device—no matter if there is an active recall or not—do not hesitate to contact us. Talk to a member of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today. Our case reviews are free, and a Uniondale defective medical devices lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. handles defective medical device cases on a contingency basis.
For a free legal consultation with a Defective Medical Devices lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Building a Case To Prove Defective Medical Device Injuries
If you choose to work with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. on a case against the manufacturer of a defective medical device, we will go to work to prove:
- The medical device has a defect.
- The medical device caused you harm.
- The medical device manufacturer is liable.
- You suffered economic and non-economic losses as a result.
Our team does the following for our clients in this type of case:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Identify all potentially liable parties, such as the device manufacturer or a negligent care provider
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf, including attorneys, insurance companies, and more
- Gather evidence and documentation related to your case
- Determine a value for your case so that we understand a fair settlement amount
These cases often rely on a team of expert witnesses who help us understand your injuries and your current and future needs and put a value on your losses. These experts include:
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Lifecare planners
A Uniondale defective medical devices lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will present a case to show you suffered injuries as a result of a defective medical device and serve as an advocate for you and your family. Call (516) 932-0400 today to talk to a member of our team. We also have multilingual staff who speak Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada, if you are more comfortable discussing your case in your native language.
Uniondale Defective Medical Devices Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Pursuing Damages in a Defective Medical Device Case
In many defective medical device cases, you will be one of the dozens (or more) plaintiffs who suffered injuries as a result of the same product. In some cases, this will become a mass tort, often a class action lawsuit or multidistrict litigation (MDL). If this occurs in your case, we will explain what to expect and guide you through the process.
If not, we may pursue a products liability case or a medical malpractice case, depending on the specific details of your injuries.
The types of damages recoverable in a defective medical devices case include:
- Additional medical care necessary because of the harm you suffered
- Ongoing care costs related to the injury or illness
- Time away from work and the associated lost wages
- Reduced ability to earn a living
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death losses, if you lost a loved one tragically because of a defective medical device
Click to contact our Uniondale Medical Malpractice Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations on Holding the Device Manufacturer Liable
Under New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 214, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit against a manufacturer of a defective medical device in New York. Out-of-court settlements are often reached in this type of case, but it is important to be aware of and understand the deadline and reach an agreement or take legal action before this date.
Our team will calculate the statute of limitations and explain how quickly we need to get started on your case following your case consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Discuss Your Uniondale Defective Medical Devices Case With Us
Speak to a member of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. serving Uniondale, Long Island, and elsewhere in the New York City metropolitan area today for free. We review defective medical device cases for free and pursue damages for those who qualify at no upfront cost. We take our fee from the compensation we recover for you.
Call (516) 932-0400 now for your free case evaluation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form