If you or someone you love was injured in a railroad accident, you might not know who was responsible for the accident, what caused it, or how to pursue damages for the financial aftermath. You do not have to search for answers on your own – our personal injury law firm is passionate about seeking financial recovery for injured clients in New York.
When you hire our railroad accident lawyers in New Cassel, New York, to handle your case, we fight hard to hold the liable party or parties accountable. If your family member suffered fatal injuries in the railroad collision, you have our deepest sympathies and our commitment to seek justice for your family. We will handle all the details in your case so you can focus on your family and recovery.
In This Article
- Commonly Reported Causes of Railroad Accidents
- Experience the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Difference
- Call Our Firm for a Free Consultation Today
Commonly Reported Causes of Railroad Accidents
If you or someone you love was injured in a railroad accident, it’s vital to understand the cause. Federal Railroad Administration statistics report 974 train accidents to date in 2021. Of these, 386 involved human factors, 121 were equipment-based, and signal mishaps caused another 13.
Uncovering the cause of your railroad accident is one of the first parts of our investigation, as identifying the cause can lead us to the liable parties. To discover its cause, we will, as indicated by the circumstances of your case:
- Consult railroad experts and engineers
- Access photos, videos, and reports
- Interview other train passengers and bystanders
Once we identify the cause, we know where to assign liability and who to pursue for compensation. From there, our case evaluation team will work hard to prepare your case against the right at-fault party and fight for your recoverable damages.
Damages We Fight for After a Railroad Accident
Because a railroad accident is often severe, the injuries you sustain could be catastrophic. If you require long-term medical or rehabilitative care that will continue long after your case is resolved, we make sure to include these future costs in our demands for your compensation. We also request compensation for the following recoverable damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Lasting impairment and disfigurement
We give this portion of your case the same detailed attention we give the investigative portion. Our team will carefully collect your medical bills, written prognosis, and other financial information to help us assign an accurate value to your case. This can be a complex process on your own but it is one we have handled many times over the past thirty years of representing serious and catastrophically injured clients.
We will not ask that you bring these items to us. Instead, our team requests and collects them on your behalf. We will also come to you in your home or hospital room if your injuries make visiting our office difficult. We want to do everything we can to take the stress out of the legal process for you by making every step as convenient as possible.
Wrongful Death Damages After a Railroad Accident
The weight and speed of a train could lead to disastrous results. In fact, Federal Railroad Administration statistics report 571 train accident fatalities in 2021. When our team fights for wrongful death damages after the loss of your family member, we request compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of damages, recognized by law, that one suffers when a spouse is lost.)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of contributions
We also ensure you understand which family members are eligible to recover compensation and ensure your wrongful death case is filed within the state’s statute of limitations.
New York’s Statute of Limitations
In New York, civil lawsuits have a mandatory filing deadline that we must adhere to, known as the statute of limitations. For example, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 outlines the personal injury statute of limitations, while Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 establishes the deadline for wrongful death lawsuits.
Our team makes it an absolute priority to meet the filing deadline because you lose your right to seek compensation once it passes. In addition to meeting deadlines in a timely and technically proper manner, the sooner we get started working on your case, the more time we’ll have to:
- Conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation
- Conduct witness interviews while recollections are fresh
- Canvass the accident scene for video evidence
- Consult an expert railroad accident reconstructionist
For a free legal consultation with a Railroad Accident lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
Experience the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Difference
When our team says we will handle your case from beginning to end, we mean it. Our attorneys will:
- Keep you updated on the case
- Identify all liable parties
- Handle all case communication
- Gather and organize evidence
- Assign a value to your case
- Identify and consult expert witnesses
- Fight to win the best possible result for you
Our multilingual team also offers assistance in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. If you or a loved one was injured in a New Cassel train accident, our railroad accident lawyers will navigate the legal process on your behalf. We make sure you understand each phase of your case. We work hard to give you all the quality information and solid advice you need to make the best and most well-informed decisions.
Our Client-Centered Approach to Personal Injury Law
Every client we represent is a priority for our team. When they talk about our commitment and professionalism, previous injured clients say:
- “I knew it would be tremendously difficult to put into words how appreciative I am for the…hard work and dedication the team at Friedman & Simon put into my case… It goes without question that I endorse Friedman & Simon.” – Daniel
- “When no one would give us the time of day, Roger Simon took our case and won it. He is compassionate, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable… We thank you and wish you nothing but the best.” – Myrna
You can read more client recommendations on our client reviews page and see what it means to work with a legal team who treats you like a client, not a case.
New Cassel Railroad Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call Our Firm for a Free Consultation Today
If you or someone you love in New Cassel, New York, was injured in a railroad accident, our lawyers will fight for you. Contact one of our team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., by calling (516) 932-0400 today. We will review your case at no cost.