If you were the victim of a Levittown Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, you likely have the right to hold the at-fault driver responsible for any serious injuries and other damages you sustained. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our attorneys understand how New York State’s car accident laws apply to rideshare services and drivers.
Call today for a free review of your rideshare accident case. We take on cases when accidents occur in Levittown, on Long Island, or elsewhere in the greater NYC area. We handle these cases on a contingency-fee-basis so you will never pay anything for our services unless and until we win a money recovery for you.
In This Article
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Cases Are Complex
- How the Attorney Will Help
- Recoverable Damages in a Levittown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident
- There Are Deadlines on How Long You Can Wait to File Suit
- Insurance Companies Are Not Your Friends
- Talk to a Levittown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Cases Are Complex
Because of the way rideshare companies and apps work, navigating the insurance claims process after an accident can be complicated. Our team knows how to handle these cases. We will explain your options and help you understand your rights if you sustained injuries in any type of accident involving a rideshare vehicle. Both Uber and Lyft provide auto liability insurance coverage for their drivers any time there is a rider in the car with them, and a contingent policy for when they are waiting for a rider but have not yet paired with one. When the driver has no passenger and is not on the way to pick one up, the driver’s personal policy is the primary policy, although there are sometimes hiccups or outright denials that occur when filing these claims.
Our team will file your claim or pursue a lawsuit on your behalf if you were:
- In a rideshare and the driver caused an accident
- In a rideshare hit by another car, truck, bus, or another vehicle
- Hit by a rideshare driver while driving your own car, motorcycle, or truck
- A pedestrian hit by a rideshare driver
- In a bicycle accident caused by a rideshare driver
We review rideshare accident cases for free on behalf of injured victims. We want to discuss your accident, your injuries, and your legal options for seeking financial recovery with you today.
It is our goal to obtain the greatest amount of monetary compensation possible for our injured clients. In some cases, the insurance coverage that an at-fault rideshare driver might have available is much greater than would be available if there was no rideshare involvement. This can make a huge difference in the ultimate outcome of a case.
In New York State, the owners of motor vehicles can legally register and permit their cars to be operated with a minimum of $25,000 bodily injury liability and SUM (supplemental underinsured/uninsured motorist) coverage. In many cases, this is terribly inadequate to provide just compensation for the level of injury an at-fault driver caused in a car accident. However, under certain circumstances, rideshare companies may provide coverage of up to $1.25 million. This can give hope to the seriously or catastrophically injured victim of a driver’s negligence that he or she will win a just outcome to their case.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. now to speak to a Levittown Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
How the Attorney Will Help
Our rideshare lawyers know how to navigate the insurance claims process, even when it involves Uber or Lyft insurance and the at-fault driver’s own insurance policy. We will review your case, and if you suffered a serious injury due to another driver’s negligence, we will take action on your behalf against that driver and the rideshare company they were driving for at the time of the accident.
Once you choose our law firm to represent you, we will:
- Keep you updated on your case: We want our clients to know we welcome their questions and that someone is always available to answer their questions when they call our office.. We also proactively share progress with each client and advise them about the next steps.
- Identify liable parties: Should you sue the driver, the rideshare company, both, or someone else? One of the first things we will do for you is to determine the answer to this vital question.
- Communicate with all parties for you: It is best if you do not speak or meet with the parties who caused your accident, their insurance company, or their lawyers. If they contact you, simply refer them to us. We will take care of the rest.
- Gather evidence: We will use all available documentation and testimonies to put together a case that supports your need for damages. Your lawyer will then present this case to the insurance company and, if necessary, a jury.
- Determine a value for your case: Our team will add up your financial and non-economic losses to arrive at an appropriate amount to seek from the liable party’s insurance company.
We will also work with expert witnesses when necessary to help us prove negligence, liability, and your range of losses. This could include having someone testify about your injuries, the lasting effects, and how this will impact your life. Our network of expert witnesses includes medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand that discussing your case is not always easy. We have multilingual staff members who can assist you and answer your questions if you would be more comfortable speaking Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada. We will meet with you in Levittown, on Long Island, or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Call now to get started with a free, no-obligation case review.
Levittown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a Levittown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident
When we pursue compensation for our clients after a rideshare accident, we file an insurance claim and demand an appropriate payout based on their documented expenses and losses, as well as just compensation for their non-economic damages. We calculate a fair settlement value before we take action in their case.
If the insurance company refuses to pay out, we are not afraid to take the case to trial. We will not back down from Uber, Lyft, or any other rideshare company.
The types of damages we pursue on behalf of our injured clients include:
- Medical treatment and related care
- Future medical care related to their accident injuries
- Ongoing care costs as applicable
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages, including repair of their vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished life enjoyment
We also take on wrongful death cases. If your loved one passed away in a Levittown rideshare accident, we are very sorry for your loss. We want to help you by reviewing your case for free and offering our support. When we handle your legal case, we relieve you of the stress of communicating with adverse insurance companies and defense lawyers and worrying about the technical requirements of a case that must be met within strict time deadlines. One of our important goals is to give you the space to focus on what is most important in your life–healing.
How Much Is My Rideshare Accident Worth?
The answer to this question varies with every client. One of our most important jobs involves figuring out how much an accident victim should fight for based on numerous factors, including:
- How much money they spent or lost as a result of the accident
- How serious their physical and emotional injuries are
- Projected future losses and pain
- The degree of recklessness exhibited by the liable party
In past motor vehicle accident cases, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has won:
- $4.1 million for a car passenger who suffered spinal cord injuries in a rollover accident
- $1.9 million for a motorcyclist who suffered a broken leg after being hit by another vehicle
- $850,000 for a car passenger who suffered a back injury in a rear-end accident
These amounts display the diversity of settlements available to injury victims. It is often difficult to come to an appropriate settlement amount on your own, especially if you are still in pain and have no experience in legal matters. Our team is there for you and we will be honored to fight for you if you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident.
There Are Deadlines on How Long You Can Wait to File Suit
While New York law does place time limits on pursuing legal action in a rideshare accident case under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, there are also other reasons why it is important to act quickly to contact a Levittown Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney following a rideshare accident. In addition to the statute of limitations, the processes of making claims and bringing lawsuits are governed by other time restrictions too. It is one of our highest priorities to make sure all deadlines are met in a timely and appropriate manner. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible. We will go to work on your case right away, gathering evidence and preparing to file a claim on your behalf. It is important to note, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Insurance Companies Are Not Your Friends
No matter whose insurance company you end up dealing with—the rideshare driver’s, the rideshare company’s, or even your own—it is important to remember that insurance companies are advancing their interests, not yours. Insurance companies have been known to try a variety of unfair tactics to avoid paying deserving victims, including:
- Asking for a recorded statement from which they will pull contextless quotes or minor inconsistencies to undermine your claim
- Blaming the victim for their own injuries to reduce or even eliminate the liable party’s responsibility to pay damages
- Using your own words to “prove” that the injuries you suffered are not that bad or that you have not had to spend as much money on them as you say
The best way to combat these tactics is to let one of our lawyers deal with all of the involved insurance companies for you. We will negotiate for an appropriate settlement on your behalf, and we will work tirelessly to build a case strong enough to withstand any of their blame-shifting strategies.
Talk to a Levittown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer
As passionate advocates for the injured, our Uber and Lyft rideshare lawyers are ready to go to work on your case as soon as possible. We handle not only rideshare accidents that occur in Levittown but elsewhere in greater NYC too. Reach out to us to learn more about your rights, how to file an insurance claim, and whether you can hold the rideshare company responsible.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today. Our attorneys provide free case reviews for rideshare accident victims in and around New York City.