If you or someone you love was injured in a railroad accident, our law firm will prepare an insurance claim or lawsuit for compensation. First, we will assign a monetary value to your injury-related medical care and any expenses that stem from your injuries. Then, our team will fight to settle your case or, if indicated, take it to court, making certain that we file all case-related paperwork in a technically correct manner, and that we meet all required deadlines.
The legal aspects of recovering monetary compensation for the injuries suffered in a railroad accident can involve a number of complex and detailed procedures. These procedures can include, without being limited to, preparing mountains of paperwork, drafting technical court filings, and engaging in contentious negotiations.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our railroad accident lawyers in Hicksville, New York, have familiarity with state and local law, enabling us to patiently and comprehensively explain and confidently and efficiently guide you through the legal process after your accident.
In This Article
- Commonly Requested Monetary Damages After a Railroad Accident
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Is Here to Handle Your Compensation Case
- Call Today for Your Free Case Review
Commonly Requested Monetary Damages After a Railroad Accident
Our law firm is passionate about fighting for injured clients. We work hard to recover your compensation for the physical, emotional, and property damage you sustained from the railroad accident. When reviewing your case value, we calculate the following types of recoverable damages:
- Economic damages include past and future medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, treatment-related travel expenses, and property damage or total loss.
- Non-economic damages include physical pain and suffering, long-term and permanent disabilities, lasting or permanent disfigurement, and diminished quality of life.
To foster financial recovery, we start by creating a detailed list of your economic and non-economic damages. Next, we research their value and collect the documentation to prove it. Then, we include this evidence in your compensation package and use your complete evidence file to persuade the at-fault party and their insurer as to an appropriate settlement figure
Other Types of Damages You Could Recover
Aside from personal injury damages, your family could recover wrongful death damages if a loved one was fatally injured in a railroad accident. If such a loss is what has brought you to this page, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences and our assurance that, should we have the privilege of representing you, we will fight to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves,
Wrongful death damages include the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial, as well as loss of:
- Consortium (These are the special losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when they lose a spouse as the result of a wrongful death.)
- Your loved one’s financial and household contributions to your family
A railroad accident could leave you with mental and emotional trauma. When it is severe enough to require psychological and emotional support through counseling and therapy, these costs should also be compensable. We will include your current and future mental health care expenses in compensation demands made on your behalf.
You Must Seek Damages Within the Statute of Limitations
When you get our team involved in your case, hopefully sooner rather than later, we will thoroughly investigate its cause. We will also interview witnesses before memories fade, canvass the accident scene and surrounding area before physical evidence becomes unavailable, and comply with New York’s statute of limitations before it passes and bars your rights to a recovery.. Relevant filing deadlines include:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 for personal injury
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 for wrongful death
- Shorter deadlines may apply to your case, depending upon the specific facts of your accident. We will carefully analyze such possibilities in our complimentary case review
While you cope with the physical and emotional aftermath of the accident, our team goes to work on your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Our goal, before working to win the best possible case outcome for you, is to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations so that we fully protect you from the risk of having your lawsuit dismissed before the court ever hears it.
For a free legal consultation with a Railroad Accident lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Is Here to Handle Your Compensation Case
When our railroad accident lawyers handle compensation requests for clients in Hicksville, New York, we work hard to make the process seamless. We never want to add to the stress and confusion of post-accident trauma, so we handle all case-related details.
Our team members can even meet you and your family anywhere on Long Island or wherever you are in the New York metropolitan area. We will also manage every aspect of your case from start to finish, including:
- Making regular updates on your case
- Identifying and contacting the liable parties
- Communicating with all parties for you
- Gathering all evidence and documentation
- Calculating the financial value of your case
We also consult railroad accident and engineering experts to uncover the cause of the collision. Other experts that could offer support include medical, economic, and vocational rehabilitation specialists, as well as life care planners.
We Will Build Your Evidence File for a Railroad Accident Case
On your own, it could be difficult to gain access to official reports and documents related to your train accident. That’s why our team handles evidence collection for you, pulling together railroad dispatch reports and training maintenance records. We also compile:
- Medical records
- Salary records
- Accident report
- Available on-board data
- Injury photos
- Accident scene video
- Witness statements
When our firm handles your compensation request, you are able to leave the insurance company to us. We will handle the negotiation process, present each settlement offer to you, and advise you on its feasibility. If you never receive an offer you find acceptable, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will prepare your case and present it to a judge and jury in court for resolution.
Praise and Accolades From Previous Clients
Our law firm provides multilingual support in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. You can read more about our client commitment in the following reviews:
- “Everyone in this office is extremely nice and professional. I am very happy with the outcome of my case. John was very helpful and a pleasure to work with.” – Justine
- “They always treated me with dignity and respect. Nothing was hidden from me, and I untimely can’t complain about the legal representation I had. I can go forth confidently knowing that they worked hard to satisfy my claims and I’m happy with their work.” – Barbara
We are committed to every individual client we represent and support. You can read about our history of client wins on our case results page.
Hicksville Railroad Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call Today for Your Free Case Review
Were you or someone you love injured in a train collision? If so, our personal injury team wants to fight for the compensation you are entitled to due to the at-fault party’s negligence.
Find out how hard our railroad accident lawyers fight for injured clients in Hicksville, New York. Our team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will review your case for free when you call: (516) 932-0400.