Mass torts allow multiple individuals to band together and file a lawsuit against a single entity. This is especially helpful to those who may not have the financial resources to fight a large corporation on their own. If you suffered injuries from a defective product, dangerous drug, or negligent company, you shouldn’t have to deal with the financial and personal effects without compensation.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are proud to provide mass tort legal services to those in need. A New York mass torts lawyer from our team of legal professionals will handle every aspect of your case, from joining a mass tort to negotiating an appropriate settlement offer.
In This Article
- Why Work With a New York Mass Torts Lawyer from Our Team?
- Recoverable Mass Tort Damages
- What Is Mass Torts Law?
- Get Started on Your New York Mass Torts Case Today
Why Work With a New York Mass Torts Lawyer from Our Team?
There are several benefits associated with working with our New York mass torts lawyer:
- We provide answers: Mass torts are an incredibly complicated form of legal action. They entail multiple plaintiffs and lawsuits and often occur in several legal districts, making them more difficult to manage than standard lawsuits. Our firm has been providing dedicated and effective legal representation to those injured by the wrongful acts of another since 1991 – we will answer all your challenging questions about this process.
- Compassionate care: We understand that you’re faced with a considerable challenge. Medical bills and serious injuries are significant hurdles. For this reason, we strive to provide you with compassion and care. We never have and never will treat our clients like case numbers. We treat them like individuals with specific needs. We are compassionate with our clients and relentless with our adversaries.
- Handling every aspect of your mass torts case: From start to finish, attorneys from our team will handle every aspect of your mass torts case. The assigned attorney will explain the process of joining a mass tort, connect you to a relevant group of lawsuits, and negotiate for an appropriate settlement offer.
Our mass torts process involves several key services:
- Keeping you updated on the status of your case
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all parties involved in the case
- Gathering evidence
- Assigning a value to your case
- Negotiating for what you deserve
To bolster your case, we will draw on our network of experts, which includes economists, life care planners, medical experts, and vocational rehabilitation specialists. Their testimonies will be used to show the severity of your damages and support your claims.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Mass Tort Damages
The types of damages available to plaintiffs are contingent on the form of mass tort being pursued. However, mass torts typically involve the following types of damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Permanent impairment and disfigurement
- Lowered earning capacity and lost wages
The specific types of damages involved in your case could vary from those noted above. During a free case evaluation, our legal team will determine which specific damages you qualify for.
How Much Will I Receive?
Every mass tort is different. These legal cases are complicated, involving numerous moving parts. Therefore, there’s no meaningful average dollar amount that mass tort plaintiffs typically receive. These factors often impact mass tort settlement valuations:
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
- The skill of the legal team involved in the case
- The strength of the evidence
- The number of participants involved in the mass tort
- The type of mass tort case
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand that knowing the value of their case is important to many of our clients. If you choose to retain the services of our team as a mass torts client, we will gladly discuss with you what your case may be worth, and we promise we will work to win the maximum amount on your behalf.
New York Mass Torts Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Is Mass Torts Law?
Mass torts are a type of legal action that involves several plaintiffs (those pursuing a lawsuit). They are filed in response to an action, product, or event that negatively impacts multiple individuals or groups. In a mass tort, those harmed seek compensation from the responsible party.
In a mass tort, lawyers representing a large group of individual cases pool their resources to better represent so many clients.
Events that could lead to a mass tort include:
- The widespread distribution of a faulty or dangerous product
- Environmental contamination that impacts multiple individuals
- A commercial plane crash
How do I Qualify for a Mass Tort Case?
Mass tort cases vary considerably. This means that your eligibility will depend on which mass tort you are hoping to join. For example, to join the ongoing Talcum Powder mass tort against Johnson & Johnson, you must meet the following parameters:
- You have a cancer diagnosis linked to Talcum Powder usage
- You have a history of Talcum Powder usage
- Or, you have a loved one that passed away who meets the previous two criteria
How do I Join a Mass Tort?
Generally, there are two ways to join a mass tort:
- Contact a law firm attached to a mass tort: When a mass tort takes place, one or multiple law firms typically attach themselves to that case. If there’s a specific event or product that harmed you, and you believe you deserve compensation, research firms that are already representing clients in similar situations. Then, choose whichever firm appears to be the best fit.
- Contact a firm that represents mass tort clients: You don’t have to contact a firm that’s already representing clients associated with your specific mass tort. Instead, you can locate a firm that meets your standards and contact them to see if they would represent you as a mass tort member.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are dedicated to making sure you are provided with the mass tort legal services you need. If you have questions we will happily discuss them with you during an initial case evaluation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Get Started on Your New York Mass Torts Case Today
Our team is currently accepting New York mass tort clients. Our initial case evaluation process allows us to get to know our clients better. We will discuss your goals, concerns, and questions about the mass tort legal process.
Due to New York’s statute of limitations, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. Contact our offices to get started today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form