Were you or a loved one injured in a railway accident? You could recover monetary compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and much more.
Our railroad accident lawyers serving those who reside or were injured in Westbury, New York, have the dedication and experience to handle your case while you focus on getting on with your life. We will fight hard on your behalf. One of our most important goals is relieving you of worry supporting yourself or your family.
In This Article
- We Can Manage Your Entire Railroad Accident Case
- Recovering Damages from a Railroad Accident
- Lawsuit Timing
- Get Help from Our Railroad Accident Team
We Can Manage Your Entire Railroad Accident Case
The lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., dedicate themselves to helping railroad accident victims with their lawsuits. If you live or were injured in Westbury, New York, our team of legal professionals is ready and eager to take the lead on your case. We will:
- Keep you updated, so that you always know what is happening with the case and have all the information you need to make the best possible legal decisions.
- Identify liable parties, so that you hold the correct people or companies responsible for their reckless or negligent actions and recover appropriate compensation from each of them.
- Manage communications, so you remain aware of what other parties in the case say or offer without having to speak directly with them.
- Collect evidence, so your case is strengthened and supported by corroboration from witnesses, video footage, documentary evidence, and any other available proof.
- Quantify your injuries, so that you know for sure what your injuries are worth, leaving the insurance company no chance to undervalue your case.
Most importantly, we give clients the sense of security and reassurance that is so crucial during such a difficult time. For example, Myrna, one of our former clients, was left satisfied with the “compassionate, understanding and extremely knowledgeable” service her family received.
We Also Handle Wrongful Death Cases
If your loved one passed away due to injuries sustained in a railroad accident, we are genuinely sorry for your loss. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., would be honored to make this trying time more bearable by fighting for appropriate compensation on your behalf. Another one of our very important goals is to win such payment to help support you and your loved ones so you can grieve and rebuild your lives in peace.
For a free legal consultation with a Railroad Accident lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Recovering Damages from a Railroad Accident
Whether you were an employee or a passenger, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to find a way to recover compensation on your behalf. This includes reimbursement for both economic and noneconomic damages.
Railroad accidents often lead to a wide range of monetary losses and expenses:
- Loss of income: Your family depends on your ability to bring in money regularly. Your injuries disrupted this ability, forcing you to take time off.
- Loss of earning capacity: Your injuries might continue to hinder your ability to earn a living wage, resulting in a permanent partial or total disability.
- Medical bills: This category includes bills for medical treatments you have already received, as well as treatments you expect to require going forward.
- Property damage: Was your car damaged or totaled in the collision? You can recover awards to fix your vehicle or its replacement value if it cannot be salvaged.
To quantify such financial losses, we gather bills, which serve as proof of what you’ve paid out, along with documents such as pay stubs, tax returns, and repair estimates. We’ll also collect your medical records to determine what your future healthcare needs might be.
We make sure that any settlement reached takes potential future medical expenses into account, as you do not have the right to sue the same party over the same accident more than once. We know that your case is your one chance to obtain the compensation you need and deserve. We take that very, very seriously and we are determined to win the appropriate recovery for you.
This category of damages accounts for the intangible costs of the physical or mental injuries caused by the railroad accident:
- Impaired quality of life: The accident’s combined physical and emotional effects have reduced your ability to enjoy life.
- Disability: Both physical and intellectual disabilities could qualify you for compensation. You could also qualify if you already had a disability before the accident, and your injuries made it noticeably worse.
- Pain and suffering: You have had to deal with painful injuries and treatments, or traumatic memories of the railroad accident or any of the many other ways the emotional trauma may have upended your life.
- Disfigurement and scarring: Scar tissue left behind by your injuries will permanently change your appearance or affect your range of motion.
Quantifying noneconomic damages can be complex. Included among the resources we will use are medical records, photographic or video evidence, testimony from you and your loved ones, and reference to legal precedents for cases with similarities to yours, to convert your noneconomic damages into monetary terms.
Westbury Railroad Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
. While it is always important to seek medical attention first and carefully consider all your options, several factors could shorten the time you have to fight for compensation:
- State law: New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 gives personal injury victims in most cases a set amount of time to file lawsuits. Certain types of cases, those claiming against government agencies for example, typically have significantly shorter deadlines. Courts will throw out suits filed after the deadline, meaning you will not recover compensation from them.
- Your needs: Accident-related expenses add up quickly. The sooner you get a settlement or a jury award, the sooner you will be able to pay what you owe and receive any additional treatment you require.
- Evidence: It is often easier to build a case when the evidence—including photographs, accident reports, and witnesses’ memories—is still fresh.
Our firm offers free consultations to personal injury and wrongful death victims. Anyone who calls our office can learn more about the legal services we provide and their chances of recovering a settlement.
Click to contact our Westbury Personal Injury Lawyers today
Get Help from Our Railroad Accident Team
The railroad accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., stand ready and willing to start on your case at any time. For a free, no-obligation case review, call us today at (516) 932-0400.
We are proud to serve clients in Westbury, New York, and other locations on Long Island by handling all aspects of their cases and offering assistance in a variety of languages: Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form