If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Lyft accident in New York City, you have a right to file a claim for compensation. Unfortunately, these claims are often complicated if you do not have experience handling them.
A New York Lyft accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will navigate the process. We are determined to win compensation for our clients. Get started today with a free consultation. We represent accident victims with no upfront fees, and we only get paid if we obtain a settlement or verdict and award.
In This Article
- Recoverable Damages in an NYC Lyft Accident Case
- Let Us Handle Your New York City Lyft Collision Claim
- Understanding Lyft’s Insurance Coverage and How It Affects Your Claim
- You Have a Limited Time to Recover Compensation
- Talk to a New York City Lyft Accident Team Member from Our Team
Recoverable Damages in an NYC Lyft Accident Case
We will investigate your accident to determine the types of damages you will recover with a successful claim or lawsuit based on your Lyft accident. These frequently include:
Medical Treatment Costs
- Ambulance or medevac transportation
- Emergency department treatment
- Hospitalization and related care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Prescription medication
- Ongoing care costs
- Necessary medical equipment
- Physician services
Other Expenses and Losses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of services
- Rental car costs
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
Wrongful Death in a New York City Rideshare Collision
Unfortunately, severe and even deadly injuries are possible in ridesharing accidents. If this happened to your family, please accept our most heartfelt condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent families in cases based on the loss of a loved one and will fight to secure compensation and hold those at fault responsible.
If you lost a family member because of the injuries they sustained in a Lyft accident in any of the five boroughs or on Long Island, we will file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Let Us Handle Your New York City Lyft Collision Claim
Our team will file a claim to get the money you need to cover your accident-related expenses and losses when possible. We will investigate your Lyft accident and collect evidence to prove:
- The at-fault party acted carelessly, recklessly, or negligently
- The at-fault party caused your accident and injuries
- You suffered damages
In some cases, insurance companies refuse to offer an appropriate settlement despite strong evidence presented to them. If this occurs, it is sometimes necessary to file a car accident lawsuit and take your case to trial.
Throughout this process, we will stand by you, helping you understand what to expect and arguing for the payout you deserve.
We accept all types of Lyft accident cases, including:
- Lyft drivers injured in a crash caused by another driver
- Lyft passengers injured in an accident caused by the Lyft driver
- Lyft passengers injured in a collision caused by a third-party driver
- Third-party drivers or passengers injured in an accident caused by a Lyft driver
- Pedestrians or cyclists hit by a Lyft driver
The actions we take on behalf of every injured client we represent include:
- Keeping them up to date about the progress of their case and answering their questions promptly
- Identifying all liable parties and developing a claim based on their insurance coverage
- Communicating with all parties and representing them throughout the process
- Gathering evidence to support their claim or for use during the trial
- Determining a value for their case, so we understand when we receive an appropriate settlement offer
We want to help you if you suffered injuries because of a negligent rideshare driver or another motorist. Contact us today to discuss your situation during a free initial consultation.
New York Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Understanding Lyft’s Insurance Coverage and How It Affects Your Claim
According to Lyft, the company provides insurance coverage any time the rideshare driver is using the company’s app. However, whether this policy is contingent or primary depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
- If the Lyft driver was on the app but not matched with a rider, they provide only contingent coverage for liability, personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, and uninsured motorist coverage.
- As soon as the driver matches with a rider, Lyft’s large liability policy is in effect. In most of New York State, it provides up to $1.25 million in liability coverage as the primary policy. They also offer additional coverage as required under New York State law.
- When the Uber driver is not on the app, their personal liability policy applies. The same is true if a third-party driver causes an accident.
- In some cases, more than one insurance policy could apply.
According to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the law requires, subject to certain exceptions, at least $1.25 million coverage for rideshare passengers.
Our team understands how insurance works after a Lyft or Uber accident, and we determine the potential financial recovery for our clients before filing their claim. This allows us to know when an appropriate settlement offer is on the table.
You Have a Limited Time to Recover Compensation
New York state laws limit how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit and collect compensation after suffering injuries in a Lyft accident. The clock starts ticking when your injuries occur. Time limits that could apply in your case include:
In addition, some evidence becomes much more difficult or impossible to identify and collect as time passes. For this reason, it is important you give us a call as soon as possible after your crash. The sooner we get to work on your case, the better the opportunity to gather essential proof of fault and liability.
By contacting us early, we have time to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf. We can meet with you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area, including any of the five boroughs or on Long Island.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a New York City Lyft Accident Team Member from Our Team
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate advocates for the injured. We will fight for the compensation you deserve based on what happened to you and the injuries you suffered. We offer free initial consultations, and our multilingual staff can speak with you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.
Call us today at (516) 932-0400 to speak with a member of our team for free.