If you or someone you love slipped and fell while visiting Times Square in New York City, you might be wondering who is financially liable. Times Square is a bustling, chaotic city center, and it could be difficult to discern who owns or has control and responsibility over a given piece of land. A New York Times Square slip and fall accident lawyer will evaluate your injury, determine who is liable, and help you fight for compensation.
A slip and fall might not seem like anything serious. For the lucky ones who are healthy and do not land the wrong way, it might be a source of embarrassment and not much more. But for those who are not as lucky, a fall could lead to a severe, life-altering injury. If someone else’s negligence caused or contributed to your injury, they—not you—should pay for your damages. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys offer a free case evaluation and never charge a fee until you get paid. To learn more about our firm, and to speak with a member of our team right away, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., at (516) 932-0400.
- Determining Liability for Your Slip and Fall at Times Square Accident
- Possible Compensation After a Slip and Fall Injury
- We Represent Victims of All Kinds of Trip and Falls
- How a Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Help You
- The Statute of Limitations Might Limit How Long You Have to Act
- Call for a Free Slip and Fall at Times Square Case Evaluation
Determining Liability for Your Slip and Fall at Times Square Accident
When a trip and fall leads to a serious injury, the situation warrants a detailed investigation into what happened and who was liable. The person or entity that owns the premises where the fall occurred will likely argue that they were not at fault, perhaps citing the victim’s own carelessness as the result of the fall. But a fall caused by any kind of hazard that should have been addressed might be the fault of the property owner, property manager, or other party who was responsible for overseeing the specific grounds where the injury occurred.
If you slipped and fell at or near Times Square in New York City, the following parties might bear liability for your injury:
- The owner of the business where you slipped and fell
- The manager of the property where your injury occurred
- A property owner who had actual or constructive notice of the hazardous condition that led to your fall, but failed to act
- The maintenance technician or company that created the dangerous situation or failed to remedy it
The New York Times Square slip and fall accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will investigate and determine which of these parties—or others—is financially liable for your injury, and we will aggressively pursue them for the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Times Square lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Possible Compensation After a Slip and Fall Injury
Victims of slip and fall accidents at Times Square are eligible to recover a long list of both economic and noneconomic damages that they incurred due to their injury. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will build a thorough case on your behalf. We will tabulate every type of loss you have suffered, along with the dollar values associated with those losses.
We will fight to recover a settlement or award that pays you for:
- Your medical bills, both current and future
- Your lost income from work
- Your reduced future earning capacity
- Your pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Your emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life
You might be able to collect other forms of compensation if you qualify.
New York Times Square Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Represent Victims of All Kinds of Trip and Falls
Trips and falls could happen anytime, but the presence of certain hazardous conditions make them much more likely. In our time fighting and winning compensation for victims of slip and fall accidents at Times Square, we have seen many injuries caused by the following:
- Unmarked obstacles on the ground
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven flooring or sidewalk or pavement
- Loose or missing stairs
- Loose or missing handrails
- Inadequate lighting
You should call us, however, no matter how your injury occurred, whether the cause appears on the above list or not. There is a very good chance that someone else—more than one party, perhaps—is financially liable for your slip and fall at Times Square accident. We will find those parties and make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation.
How a Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Help You
When you choose a New York City slip and fall accident attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., be assured they will do the following and much more:
- Keep you updated on your case: You will never have to chase us down if you have a question or concern, or just want to know the status of your case. Our team is always eager to hear from you.
- Identify liable parties: We will identify every liable party for your slip and fall injury, including those you might not have considered.
- Communicate with all parties for you: We will handle all communications on all sides so that you focus on getting better.
- Gather evidence: We will gather extensive evidence to build a thorough, compelling claim on your behalf.
- Determine a value for your case: We will tabulate the value of your claim and aggressively pursue every dollar you deserve.
In sum, we will help you in many ways.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations Might Limit How Long You Have to Act
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 imposes a statute of limitations on filing a slip and fall accident lawsuit, but this time limit might vary depending on certain factors, so you should speak with an attorney right away. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is able to take quick legal action if we have to in order to keep the deadline from expiring on your case.
Call for a Free Slip and Fall at Times Square Case Evaluation
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is eager to get started right away on your slip and fall at New York Times Square accident case. We will fight for the compensation you deserve. There is no fee until we win. For a free consultation, call (516) 932-0400.
We will defend your rights while you recover from your injuries, or we will fight for justice for your loved one if they were lost as a result of their slip and fall injuries.