If you or a family member were injured in a slip and fall accident during a trip to the Statue of Liberty, you could be left with serious injuries and mounting medical bills. You might also have property damage or loss and additional injury-related expenses.
Ask yourself these questions as you begin to consider a case for compensation:
- Do you know how to assign liability and who to pursue in your claim for financial compensation?
- Do you know the steps you need to take to secure financial compensation for your injuries?
- As a visitor, do you know how to manage your case when you return to your home city?
You will be able to get answers to these questions, and more, when you call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation. Our New York Statue of Liberty slip and fall accident lawyers will represent you in your personal injury case on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front costs.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer in Your Case
When a specific person causes you injury, you know exactly who to pursue for compensation. You would pursue that person. When you are injured in a crowd of people at a bustling public venue, knowing how to assign liability and who to pursue for compensation can be a complex and challenging process.
When you pursue compensation from the federal government, the State of New York, or the City of New York, certain rules and regulations apply to your case. There is also a legal time limit, or statute of limitations, that governs for how long a period you have the right to sue.
A Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. lawyer will help you identify the liable parties and comply with applicable federal and state personal injury laws in your case. We are a New York firm, ready and able to represent Statue of Liberty slip and fall victims.
For a free legal consultation with a statue of liberty lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Proving Your Injuries Are the Result of a Trip and Fall Accident
After a trip and fall or slip and fall accident, the law requires you to prove you were injured and to prove that your injuries were the result of another party’s negligence. Your medical records, personal recollections, and the recollections of witnesses can help bolster and support your compensation claim.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s list of important facts about falls, as many as 20% of all falls result in serious physical injuries. In addition to gashes and bruises, injuries sustained in a fall include:
- Fractured,(broken) broken bones, sometimes requiring surgical repair
- Torn tendons or ligaments, sometimes requiring surgical repair
- Face, head, and skull injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Mental and emotional trauma
- And more
We recommend that you see a doctor for an evaluation as soon as it is safe to do so after your accident. Medical records linking your injuries to the accident are vitally important to your case for compensation.
If your loved one died in a slip and fall accident at the Statue of Liberty, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We may be able to recover compensation in a wrongful death case. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. offers experienced, determined, and passionate representation to the families of victims of such a tragic event.
Get help after you were injured in a Statue of Liberty slip and fall accident. A lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will gather documents, evidence, expert testimony, and other important material that proves the required elements of your compensation claim.
New York Statue of Liberty Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Calculating the Total Cost of Your Injuries
After you trip and fall at the Statue of Liberty one of our lawyers will accurately calculate the following types of damages on your behalf:
- Initial and continuing medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain, suffering, and permanent disfigurement
- Other items of damage that you may be entitled to
If you are a visitor to New York City, you might also have additional expenses associated with extending your stay in New York City. A New York Statue of Liberty slip and fall accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will ensure your claim is evaluated for all the aspects of compensation you are entitled to receive.
Steps to Take Following Your Slip and Fall Accident
When you slip and fall at the Statue of Liberty and sustain serious injuries, the first thing you should do is call for emergency medical care.
Once you have received medical care, speak to a lawyer who is fully prepared to initiate the process of filing a claim for financial compensation for your injuries.
At the scene of the accident, if you are safely able to do so, you should also:
- Obtain contact information from anyone who witnessed your fall. If your injuries prevent you from doing so, ask a friend or family member to help.
- Take as many pictures as possible to support your claim. Take pictures of your injuries and your damaged or destroyed personal property. Most importantly for your claim, take a variety of photos and video, if possible, of the dangerous condition(s) that caused your injuries. Capture these images from close up, from further away, from a normal viewing height and, in the event of a tripping hazard, from ground level height, with a commonplace object, (e.g., a soda can,) in the photo for perspective. (A ruler is great, if one is available.) It bears repeating: Take numerous photos of the dangerous condition, if possible.
- Retain copies of any accident report, incident report, and medical records that are generated.
- Refrain from posting about your accident or injuries on social media. Statements related to your case that you make on social networks may be used to reduce or deny your claim.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represents the Statue of Liberty trip and fall accident victims. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is Ready to Work for You
A Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. lawyer will help your compensation claim by keeping you updated on important facts, as well as:
- Identifying the liable party to pursue
- Handling all communication related to your claim
- Gathering necessary evidence
- Assigning an accurate value to your claim
If you are a resident or visitor in New York and were injured in a slip and fall accident at the Statue of Liberty, you have options for financial recovery.
For a free consultation on your Statue of Liberty slip and fall case, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 as soon as you are able to do so.