The criteria to file a talcum powder lawsuit includes having each of the following:
- A medical diagnosis of a cancer that is linked to asbestos or talc powder products. This primarily applies to ovarian cancer and mesothelioma, although you could qualify based on a cervical cancer or lung cancer diagnosis
- A personal history of using talcum powder for personal, feminine hygiene, or cosmetic uses
- Time left before the statute of limitations expires in your case
You likely also qualify if you had a family member who met these criteria, but who passed away as a result of their cancer or another cause.
If you qualify to file a talcum powder lawsuit and join the multidistrict litigation (MDL) in the case already underway, an attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can begin building a case to support your legal action right away.
Act Today If You Believe You Meet the Criteria to Join MDL-2738
According to the United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation, there were more than 18,250 active cases in “Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Products Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation,” or MDL-2738, as of July 16, 2020.
To find out if you meet the criteria to file a talcum powder lawsuit, you can discuss your case with a lawyer taking on these cases and helping clients join MDL-2738.
Speaking with a member of our talcum powder cancer legal team can help you better understand your case, including the strengths and any possible concerns about the criteria to qualify. We will evaluate your evidence and determine if you meet the criteria to file a lawsuit and join MDL-2738.
We will also explain the mass tort process and how joining ongoing multidistrict litigation might affect your case. If you meet the criteria, we will help you:
- File a lawsuit in the appropriate jurisdiction based on your case
- Join MDL-2738 or another mass tort if you qualify
- Pursue an out-of-court settlement when possible based on your case
Building a Case for Compensation in Your Talcum Powder Lawsuit
If you received a cancer diagnosis and believe there could be a link to your use of talcum powder, we will review your case for free. Most of the plaintiffs participating in MDL-2738 received ovarian cancer diagnoses, although there are some pending cases and previous payouts related to mesothelioma. Other plaintiffs are taking action based on cervical cancer, lung cancer, and other types of asbestos-linked cancer.
Our team will work to support your allegations with evidence if we agree that there is a good chance of a link between your diagnosis and your use of talc-based products. The evidence in these cases generally center around:
- The plaintiff’s relevant medical records, including pathology reports and other medical evidence
- Expert witness testimony
- The plaintiff’s testimony and other documentation of talcum powder use
- Documentation of the plaintiff’s medical care, losses, and related expenses
The experts who participate in these cases often include vocational rehabilitation specialists, economists, medical experts, and life care planners. Some of these experts could be working on MDL-2738, although others may be more familiar with your specific case. Our team has the resources and knowledge to hire the experts who can best support your case.
Let Our Team Help You Pursue a Payout Based on Your Qualifying Criteria
As of August 2020, MDL-2738 is currently underway in U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey. It is important that we go to work on your case as quickly as possible in order to participate in these mass tort actions which could have a significant influence on the eventual outcome of your case.
If we build a case linking your cancer diagnosis to your talcum powder use, your recoverable damages may include:
- Medical treatment, care, and related expenses
- Ongoing care and support costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering losses
Speak to a Member of Our Talcum Powder Lawsuit Team Today
Discuss your possible case with a member of the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. talcum powder lawsuit team today at no cost to you. Our team will review the merits of your case for free, determining if you are likely to meet the criteria to file a lawsuit and join MDL-2738.
You can reach us today by calling (516) 932-0400.