After a hit-and-run accident, it is hard to know what to do or where to turn for financial recovery since the other involved driver fled the scene. If you or someone you love were injured in this type of accident, one of our experienced Long Island car accident lawyers will explain the steps you need to take toward financial recovery, the damages you can recover, and the amount of time you have to seek damages.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we ensure you understand all available compensation options and the laws that govern them. We also ensure you understand how New York law determines where compensation comes from and how the severity of your injuries plays a significant role in your financial recovery.
- Damages Our Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Recovers for Long Island Victims
- Our Hit and Run Attorney Builds Strong Compensation Cases on Long Island
- Get Your Free Case Review Today
Damages Our Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Recovers for Long Island Victims
After a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you should not be forced to endure financial hardship. You are entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages from the negligent party.
Economic damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Impairment and disfigurement
- Impaired quality of life
Whenever possible, the driver whose negligence caused your accident should be held financially responsible for its outcome. If the driver cannot be identified, you have the option of turning to your own insurance company for financial recovery. Our personal injury law firm will deal with the appropriate insurance company on your behalf.
Explore Your Financial Recovery Options
When the driver whose negligence caused your accident does not accept responsibility for their actions, it might be difficult for you to determine where your compensation will come from.
If we are able to identify the at-fault driver at any point, we will pursue them and their insurance company. If the driver cannot be identified, we will explain how to pursue your own insurance company for compensation.
According to New York State Department of Financial Services guidelines, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is a standard part of your mandatory vehicle insurance. UM insurance will cover your damages after your hit-and-run accident. Our law firm will pursue damages from your insurer and work tirelessly to ensure that you are appropriately compensated.
What You Need to Know About New York’s Statute of Limitations
All civil lawsuits have a statute of limitations — a time limit imposed by the state. On Long Island, as per New York State law, you generally have:
- Three years to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. The applicable date is the date the accident occurred.
- Two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. The applicable date is based on the date of your loved one’s demise.
- Shorter time periods may apply depending upon the unique circumstances of your case. We will gladly review these with a no-obligation consultation so that you know exactly where you stand.
The statute of limitations is mandatory but might be difficult to understand and comply with on your own since many factors will cause the filing deadline to change. One of our dedicated hit and run accident attorneys will explain the statute of limitations and how it affects your case whether you are seeking financial recovery from the at-fault driver’s insurer or your own.
For a free legal consultation with a Hit and Run Accident lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Our Hit and Run Attorney Builds Strong Compensation Cases on Long Island
Building a strong case file requires diligence and attention to detail. When we handle your case, our client-focused team will:
- Investigate the accident’s cause
- Accurately assign financial liability
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Search for photos and video footage
- Obtain, complete, and submit paperwork
- Work to negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
We will also represent you in court, if necessary, to keep fighting for financial recovery. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our hit and run accident lawyers serving clients on Long Island will ensure your case receives the compassionate, responsive, individualized attention it needs and deserves.
Car Accident Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
When car accident clients tell others about our law firm, they leave online reviews like the following:
- “The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions, professional staff, were easy to get a hold of, always called me back within a day if not sooner. Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.” – Andrew
- “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you . . . it’s like a friendship.” – Doug
Find additional reviews and recommendations on our client testimonial page and read about what it means to get focused, attentive legal service, and support.
We Represent Injured Clients on a Contingency Fee Basis
When our law firm handles your case, we do so on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to us. In fact, you pay us no compensation until we recover it for you.
We will also:
- Provide ongoing and timely updates
- Identify the liable party, where possible
- Handle all case-related communication
- Compile, organize, and submit evidence
- Determine the monetary value of your case
We will make sure your case is supported, as needed, by expert witnesses including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists. We identify and consult with these experts for you. While our team focuses on building your case, you can focus on recovering your health.
Long Island Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Get Your Free Case Review Today
If you or someone you love were injured in a car accident and the at-fault driver did not stay at the scene of the accident, we are determined to recover every dollar of the financial compensation you are entitled to receive. Our hit-and-run accident lawyers representing clients on Long Island will build a compelling case file and work hard to negotiate a favorable settlement for you.
Call for your free case review by contacting one of our Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team members today.