Some of the damages you might recover from an insurance settlement, or a jury verdict include the following:
- Damage to your personal belongings that were in the car
- Wages you lose by not being at work while you recover from injuries
- Benefits you lose from not being at work
- Expenses you have incurred for medical treatment
- Ongoing/future costs for medical care
- Replacement services for tasks you once did but can no longer perform (such as, for example, lawn maintenance, housekeeping, childcare, etc.)
- Diminished earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Prescribed medications
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Mental anguish
- Diminished life enjoyment
- Meds for pain management
A car accident lawyer on Long Island will be able to assign dollar figures to each of the above damages relevant to your accident and your injuries.
When a Car Accident Results in the Death of a Loved One
If a loved one loses his or her life after sustaining injuries in a car accident on Long Island, we will file a wrongful death action against the at-fault and liable party who caused the accident.
Our legal team will handle your action compassionately and aggressively, to get you the compensation you deserve after a car accident on Long Island, NY.
For a free legal consultation, call 516-932-0400
Experts May Weigh in On the Amounts You Should be Compensated
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. car accident lawyer working on your case may also consult with experts to support the arguments for how you should be compensated for your car accident injuries in the strongest way possible. Types of experts whose services we might utilize include:
- Medical experts who will speak to your physical injuries, the costs for treating them, and the likely need for and cost of ongoing and future treatment.
- Vocational experts who will elaborate on the effects your injuries have had on your ability to work, as well as the likely effects they will have on your future ability to work.
- Economic experts who will give their opinions on the financial impact of your injuries that you have already faced and more important will meet further down the road, thereby affecting future earning potential. These professionals will also talk about the costs of hiring replacement services now and in the future to handle tasks you can longer perform because of your injuries or that you now have an actual or reasonably certain anticipated need for in light of your changed circumstances.
Why Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer on Long Island, NY Makes Sense
As you lie in bed recovering from your car accident injuries, your entire life disrupted, the last thing you should have to worry about is how to go about paying for expenses you have incurred due to another person’s negligence.
Instead, we invite you to allow a lawyer from our team to take on the mission of seeing that you are compensated to the maximum extent possible..
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will handle all the details of your case, from beginning to end. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, the services we will perform on your behalf may include:
- Determine who is at fault for the car accident
- Establish that the at-fault person is also liable for your damages
- Visit the accident scene to gather evidence
- Get official copies of police reports
- Talk to witnesses and solicit their statements of the events that unfolded in your car accident
- Gather medical records from your health practitioner
- Enlist the help of medical, economic, occupational experts to round out your demanded damages
- Calculate all damages (using expert opinions)
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists to determine the exact cause of and the sequence of events following the car accident
- Handle all communication with everyone involved in your case, including insurance companies, lawyers, etc.
- Issue your damage recovery demands to the negligent party’s insurance company
- Negotiate with insurers to reach a fair settlement
- Pursue legal action in civil court if a settlement agreement is not reached
- Represent you in civil court in a personal injury lawsuit
- Aggressively litigate your personal injury case
Time is of the Essence, Thanks to New York’s Statute of Limitations
New York’s statute of limitations specifies a window of time from the date of your car accident in which you must pursue compensation in a civil court if you choose to do so.
Additionally, other deadlines apply to prosecuting a car accident claim.
To make sure the Statute of Limitations window does not close on you or that your rights are not limited by failing to meet other deadlines,, consider hiring a car accident attorney to manage the undertaking for you.
Enlisting the help of a lawyer soon after your car accident case will give the attorney more time to build a strong case—to get witness testimony, collect fresh evidence, etc. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P,’s Car Accident Lawyer on Long Island, NY
We have a team of multilingual (Greek, Bengali, Spanish, English, Tamil, and Kannada) professional staff ready to discuss your case with you, free of charge. Finally, you pay us no fees unless and until we have recovered your compensation after a car accident on Long Island, NY.
Call us today at 516-932-0400.