Property owners on Long Island have a legal obligation to keep their premises reasonably safe for all visitors, including removing snow and ice from walkways. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a slip and fall due to negligent conditions, you deserve compensation for your damages.
A Long Island, NY, slip and fall on snow and ice accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will work to recover your medical bills and other losses with an insurance claim or lawsuit against the liable party. Our team has served injured clients in New York since 1991. We will fight to ensure you and your family do not pay out of pocket because someone else failed to maintain their property.
In This Article
- Long Island Slip and Fall Accident Damages
- Our Trip and Fall Lawyers Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
- Who Is Liable for a Slip and Fall on Snow and Ice?
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today
Long Island Slip and Fall Accident Damages
According to the New York State Department of Health, falls are the number one cause of injury hospitalizations among New York residents aged 0 to 14 and 25 years and older. Additionally, fall injuries cost New Yorkers more than $1 billion yearly in fall-related hospital fees.
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a slip and fall on Long Island caused by snow and ice, the negligent property owner should pay for your medical treatment and other losses. Our attorneys will pursue your damages with a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Recoverable damages for a trip and fall include:
- Medical bills. Even on ground level, slips, trips, and falls sometimes result in severe injuries, including hip fractures, broken limbs, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). We will seek compensation for your current and future medical expenses, including emergency transportation and treatment, hospitalizations, surgeries, medical devices and equipment, physical therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, in-home health services, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost wages. We will pursue wages lost due to your slip and fall injury and recovery. If you sustained a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to your previous job, forces you to work fewer hours, or requires you to leave the workforce, we will seek compensation for the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages compensate the injured for impairments to their quality of life. Our lawyers will seek compensation for severe and catastrophic injuries, physical pain, mental and emotional suffering and anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Personal property and various expenses. If your slip and fall damaged or destroyed your cell phone, smartwatch, laptop, or other personal property, we will seek awards to pay for repairing or replacing your items. Additionally, our attorneys will review your case to determine if you qualify for various other accident-related damages, such as the cost of household services, home and vehicle modifications, and treatment-related transportation expenses.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal slip and fall on snow and ice, we are sorry for your loss, and we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We would consider it an honor to seek justice for your beloved family member’s wrongful death. We will serve as your advocate and work to recover compensation for damages arising from their accident, including medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost wages, lost future inheritance, and more. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
For a free legal consultation with a Snow And Ice Accident lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Our Trip and Fall Lawyers Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
The days and weeks following an accident and serious injury are often overwhelming and confusing. Let our Long Island slip and fall on snow and ice accident lawyers handle your insurance claim or lawsuit, allowing you to focus on your health and getting your life back on track. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will:
- Provide you with frequent and timely case updates
- Identify the parties responsible for your slip and fall injury
- Communicate with insurance agents, opposing counsel, and other involved parties on your behalf (thus, saving you the hassle and protecting you from bad-faith tactics or pressure to settle for less than you deserve)
- Collect case evidence, including medical records, accident reports, eyewitness accounts, surveillance video, and expert testimony
- Calculate your losses and pursue the most advantageous settlement or verdict available for your injuries and damages
We Get Results for Slip and Fall Accident Clients
Our firm has been successfully representing injured victims of Long Island slip and fall on snow and ice accidents for over thirty years. We will put our experience to work for you and your family. We will stand by your side until we resolve your issues and will not back down from taking your case trial if necessary.
We have secured more than $250 million in successful settlements and verdicts for personal injury clients on Long Island and across New York, including:
- $1,162,301 for a tenant who suffered back injuries in a slip and fall caused by a slippery walkway
- $780,000 for a tenant who suffered a leg injury on an icy sidewalk outside of an apartment building
Furthermore, working with us will cost you nothing upfront or out of pocket. We take cases on contingency, meaning we only collect if and when we obtain compensation for you.
Long Island Snow And Ice Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Who Is Liable for a Slip and Fall on Snow and Ice?
According to the New York State Bar Association, those “in control” of a property have a legal duty to keep premises in a reasonably safe condition to prevent falls and other injuries. Liability for a slip-and-fall accident on snow and ice will depend on where the accident occurred and who owns/is responsible for the slippery stairs, sidewalk, or other surfaces. Potentially liable parties include:
- Landlords or property managers
- Hotels, bars, retail stores, restaurants, or nightclubs
- City, county, or state governments
- Companies contracted for snow and ice removal
Our lawyers will get to the bottom of what caused your slip and fall injury and hold negligent parties financially accountable. However, we do not have unlimited time to take action.
You must file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within the time allowed by New York’s statute of limitations. If your case is against a municipality, your window of time to take action aimed at winning compensation is especially brief. Our lawyers will tell you more about these deadlines and how they affect your case.
Click to contact our Long Island Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers today
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today
The sooner you reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., the sooner our Long Island slip and fall on snow and ice accident lawyers are able to get started on your case. The sooner we can get started on your case, the greater our opportunity to win the best possible result for you. Contact us today for a free consultation. Our multilingual staff assists in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form