It is worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer who will use their knowledge and experience with similar cases to handle your claim and seek to hold the at-fault driver accountable for your injuries.
Personal injury attorneys understand how stressful, frustrating, and time-consuming it is to navigate the insurance claims process after an accident, especially when you are still healing from serious injuries, facing rehabilitation, or trying to get your life back to normal. To help, lawyers investigate accidents, develop arguments to support their clients’ claims, and take action on their behalf. Hiring legal representation can give you the opportunity to focus on your health and wellbeing.
Our Attorneys Understand the Claims Process After a Motorcycle Crash
Our team will take on the entire process for you when you decide to file a motorcycle accident claim. This includes taking many actions that most accident victims are not aware they need to do. The claims process following a New York motorcycle crash generally requires:
- Investigating the accident thoroughly and may call for hiring an accident reconstruction specialist to understand the collision and who was involved
- Assigning liability after finding evidence of negligence
- Determining the insurance policies in place to cover claims against the liable party or parties
- Developing the strongest possible argument to support the claim
- Filing a claim and fighting for appropriate compensation
This process often involves settlement negotiations, as well. These may continue for some time until we can reach an agreement. Otherwise, subject to the unique circumstances of your case, we take steps to proceed with a lawsuit so that your case can be decided in the courthouse by a judge and jury.
Let Our Team Take on Your New York Collision Case
You may find it is worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer because of the steps they will take to advocate for you and seek accountability in your accident case. Aside from this, our team will also:
- Keep you updated on your motorcycle accident case
- Communicate with the insurance company, liable party, defense lawyers, and others for you
- Work with experts as may be called for and gather all available, relevant evidence to support your claim
- Determine a value for your case based on your damages
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
We have a multilingual staff who will communicate with clients in a language they are comfortable speaking. This includes Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Our team also meets with potential clients in the hospital, other facilities, or their homes. We represent accident victims anywhere in the New York metropolitan area, including on Long Island.
Handling Claims for Motorcycle Accident Victims
If we negotiate a fair settlement based on your motorcycle accident collision, you could recover the following types of damages:
- Accident and injury-related expenses, including for your medical treatment and motorcycle replacement or repair
- Losses experienced because of the accident, such as missed income, lost benefits, and reduced earning capacity
- Additional costs we identify as a part of our investigation, such as rental car expenses or other out-of-pocket payments
- Intangible damages, including your physical pain, emotional suffering, diminished quality of life, and more
We also handle wrongful death claims for clients whose family member was killed in a motorcycle accident in New York. If this type of tragedy has affected your family, we are sorry for the pain you are experiencing and extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We will use the rights provided by New York Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 to file a claim or go to court for surviving family members who qualify.
There are numerous time limits on these cases, in addition to the statute of limitations established by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214. To ensure we have the opportunity to build a strong case, we recommend contacting us about your accident as early as you can following your treatment. In addition to legal deadlines, practical considerations, such as gathering witness statements and dash-cam or surveillance video are most effectively addressed as soon as possible following the accident. Simply stated, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to protect all your rights and to build the very strongest case possible on your behalf.
We regularly meet with potential clients who are still under medical care or supervision in a hospital or receiving therapy at home. We also work with families whose loved ones suffered catastrophic injuries and cannot contact us on their own.
Speak with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Free Today
Our team members are passionate advocates for those who have suffered injuries on Long Island or in the greater New York metropolitan area. If you were hurt in a New York motorcycle collision caused by another motorist, our firm will handle your case on a contingency basis. This means that you will never pay us fees upfront. We provide free case reviews and consultations, as well.
To discuss your New York City or Long Island motorcycle accident with a member of our team, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. now at (516) 932-0400.