Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident on Long Island, you may have the legal right to pursue compensation. The Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Types of Long Island Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
Injured motorcyclists may take legal action against the driver who caused their accident. Some of the causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Poorly marked roadways
- Road hazards
The personal injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you if you were hurt in a motorcycle accident. We have the resources necessary to fight for the best outcome so you get the compensation you deserve.
Determining the Value of Your Long Island Motorcycle Accident Case
Determining the value of your case requires us to identify all the types of damages associated with your injuries. These may include:
- Medical care and treatment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Assistive devices and home or vehicle modifications
- Lost income and benefits
- Projected future lost wages and benefits
- Other out-of-pocket costs
In addition to the damages listed above, you also may have the right to pursue compensation for noneconomic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
If your loved one died in a motorcycle accident on Long Island, we can help pursue a wrongful death action against the party responsible for your loved one’s fatal injuries. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 for a free case evaluation.
How a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The benefits of working with a motorcycle accident attorney at our firm include:
Protecting Your Legal Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
New York law prohibits motorcycle riders from collecting benefits under the state’s no-fault insurance laws. Motorcycle operators and passengers can pursue legal action if another party caused their accident.
A motorcycle accident attorney from our firm will help you navigate motorcycle laws, insurance claims, and the legal process.
Taking Action Before the Statute of Limitations Expires
Your opportunity to pursue legal action for motorcycle accident injuries is limited by New York’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work collecting evidence, filing the necessary legal paperwork, and fighting for the compensation you need to get treatment and pay your bills.
Establishing Liability for Your Injuries
Securing a settlement after a motorcycle accident requires that we prove fault and liability.
Proving liability requires we prove the following:
- 1. Duty of care – the defendant had an obligation to act in a safe and reasonable manner so as not to put others at risk of harm.
- 2. Breach of duty – the defendant did not act in a reasonable and safe manner. E.g., the defendant was negligent by speeding, texting and driving, failing to check for motorcyclists when changing lanes, etc.
- 3. Causation – the defendant’s breach of duty led to your accident and you sustained serious injuries.
- 4. Damages – you suffered damages including financial, physical, and emotional losses caused by the motorcycle accident.
We will build a well-supported case to prove liability. Some of the evidence to establish liability and the value of your damages may include:
- An accident report
- Photographs or video surveillance
- Medical records
- Wage records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert opinion and testimony (e.g., accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, vocational specialists, etc.)
Consult a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer on Long Island for Free
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. we understand the serious nature of motorcycle accidents and injuries, and we know how important it is to obtain the financial compensation you need.
You do not have to face this challenge alone. Our legal team will take the time to answer your questions and can help you take legal action.
Call us today at 516-932-0400 for legal help from a Long Island motorcycle accident lawyer.