If a rideshare driver makes a driving error, their negligence may cause an accident and their passengers to sustain injuries. Their mistake could also cause injuries to other drivers on the road, or pedestrians, or cyclists.
If you were injured in an accident caused by a rideshare driver, you can hire a Levittown Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer to help you pursue compensation. Contact the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for help with your case. We are passionate about advocating for those who suffered injuries because of someone else’s error.
Call (516) 932-0400 today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
When someone is hired to become a driver for a rideshare service, they often do not need any special training. According to Uber, the company’s driver requirements include:
- One year of licensed driving experience
- Valid United States driver’s license
- Valid auto insurance
- Proof of residency
- Safe driving record
- Safe criminal history
Without the need for specialized driver training, a rideshare driver may not have much professional experience as a driver. This can lead to an increased likelihood of being involved in a crash.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
When you seek compensation after a crash with a rideshare driver, your Levittown Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer will need to show that the driver was behaving negligently just before the accident. Negligence means that the driver owed you a reasonable standard of care and failed to meet that standard, causing your injuries.
Some ways a rideshare driver could be found liable after a car accident include:
- Driving while impaired
- Texting while driving
- Looking at the rideshare app while driving
- Failing to yield right of way to other drivers
- Failing to yield right of way to pedestrians or cyclists in the crosswalk
- Reckless driving
- Failing to repair the car in a safe manner
- Parking in an improper or unsafe location
- Cutting across lanes of traffic without signaling
If there is a police record that reports signs of negligence, your lawyer will use this as a preliminary aid in understanding the presentation of liability in your case. Even without a police record that notes whether these kinds of behaviors occurred, your lawyer can tell you about methods of demonstrating that negligence took place.
Levittown Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Beginning the Claim Process
In New York, according to the New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214, victims in personal injury cases have a limited amount of time to begin the process of filing a claim. You should start the process as soon as possible after the accident, as it gives your attorney a chance to begin to investigate the crash while the details are still fresh in the minds of witnesses and while the chances of locating evidence such as surveillance or dash-cam video are best.
The attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., are ready to help with your case. We will help you fight for justice for your pain, suffering, medical bills, or even a potentially impaired quality of life.
Contact us as soon as possible at (516) 932-0400 for a free review of your case.
Complexities of Ridesharing Accidents
When you are injured in a crash with a rideshare driver, you will find that a few different insurance companies could be involved in handling your case and paying for your losses. This creates a complicated situation that involves more complexity than a standard automobile accident.
Both Uber and Lyft have specific rules regarding when different types of insurance will be active for their drivers. The insurance coverage rules for both services are similar and include:
- The driver is not working: When the driver is not logged into the ridesharing app, he or she is not technically working for the rideshare, so the driver’s personal auto insurance is active in case of an accident in which the driver is at fault.
- The driver is online with no passengers: When the driver is logged into the app but does not have passengers in the car or passengers waiting for a ride, the rideshare company’s liability insurance only becomes active if the driver’s personal auto insurance does not have the proper coverage and a crash occurs.
- The driver is working with passengers: When the driver is actively carrying passengers or traveling to pick up passengers, the rideshare company’s liability insurance is active in case of a crash, and the driver’s personal auto insurance policy does not need to be used.
Your attorney will carefully examine the facts in the case to determine exactly what happened and which insurer to use as part of your personal injury claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Work to Pursue a Fair Settlement for You
As Levittown Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyers, the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., knows how complex these types of personal injury cases are. Proving what happened and which party is liable will take time and analysis.
We will perform a number of tasks to help our clients, including:
- Keeping you updated on your case
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf
- Gathering evidence
- Determining a value for your case
- Giving 100% effort to protecting and asserting your rights, with the goal of winning the best possible result for you
We will be able to assist you with multiple languages if that would be helpful in your case. We will meet you on Long Island or other locations in the New York metropolitan area. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will take care of the legal details of your case so that you don’t have to. Leave all the legal details and deadlines to us, while you release that stress, focus on your medical treatment, and put your attention on healing and rebuilding your life.
For a free case review, call us at (516) 932-0400 as soon as possible.